Mod A essays (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Do we need to refer to the specific acts and scenes for the essays in mod (Shakespeare)?

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Do we need to refer to the specific acts and scenes for the essays in mod (Shakespeare)?
idk if you need to, I feel like it would be appropriate and clean if you did

however I didn't specify act/scene for my mod A essays (Tempest/Hagseed) I just jumped straight to my quote or technique, and it was never an issue in both my school assessments and in the HSC either

icycledough

HSC
Agree with the above and also want to add something else; I don't think you would lose marks for not including them, but it would be good at the least to describe the part of the text where a specific scene occurs if not the act or scene, so the marker knows you aren't just including quotes for the sake of it, but they are relevant to the question and to your argument

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I just had a look at some sample Module A essays targeting Shakespeare (including high achieving ones) and what I found seems to be consistent with what totally_screwed and icycledough mentioned. Based on what I have observed, it could be inferred that students do not need to refer to specific acts and/or scenes as long as the quotes used are well explained/linked to the analysis/essay question.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)