mod b help!! (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
if we get asked about the distinctive features of the text as the question, how would I adapt my analysis of the themes to that? I have distinctive qualities embedded in my essay but what are some kind of sentence or ideas that I could use to place the emphasis on distinctive qualities since my essay is mostly about themes right now

icycledough

HSC
You would need to make your topic sentences and your intro heavily focused on distinctive features, and put your strongest distinctive feature at first. Chances are they won't read the entire essay, so it will be important you start strong (with a strong introduction, 1st body paragraph, relevant topic sentences, and definitely a conclusion for completeness

juliastiles

HSC
You would need to make your topic sentences and your intro heavily focused on distinctive features, and put your strongest distinctive feature at first. Chances are they won't read the entire essay, so it will be important you start strong (with a strong introduction, 1st body paragraph, relevant topic sentences, and definitely a conclusion for completeness
omg my first paragraph is very heavy in distinctive qualities and I think that's my best theme so that's good

icycledough

HSC
As a basis, you could change how you respond to the question as well. For example, if you are doing Shakespeare, instead of saying "Shakespeare invokes THEME X to show QUALITY X of Prince Harry through TECHNIQUE X", you could rephrase it to something like "Shakespeare utilizes the technique of dramatic irony to show Prince Harry's emotions" (a very broad example which probably doesn't make sense, but you get the idea of it)

Jojofelyx

HSC
As a basis, you could change how you respond to the question as well. For example, if you are doing Shakespeare, instead of saying "Shakespeare invokes THEME X to show QUALITY X of Prince Harry through TECHNIQUE X", you could rephrase it to something like "Shakespeare utilizes the technique of dramatic irony to show Prince Harry's emotions" (a very broad example which probably doesn't make sense, but you get the idea of it)
I do love a cheeky switcharoo. But going on with that point, I've found pulling links between different themes to be a pretty powerful tool. Im doing gngl so like if we get a question about justice, i can link any of my paragraphs with first expanding what the little intracacies of justice are. So like justice in the form of the dissemenation of truth, which ultimately leads to the unravelling of facades and blah blah, would tie into my paras about the media (cuz it aims to spit fax in truth, unless of couse it is sky news at night, in which case, obviously, it is gospel). idk just a thought 🤪

stressedadfff

HSC
what are some examples of distinctive features do you rekon?

icycledough

HSC
It really does depend on the individual text you are doing, as it will vary (so for King Henry IV, you would be able to talk about monologue, dramatic irony and consider it as a play more than just a text, but some Module B texts won't have an element of film in it)

stressedadfff

HSC
It really does depend on the individual text you are doing, as it will vary (so for King Henry IV, you would be able to talk about monologue, dramatic irony and consider it as a play more than just a text, but some Module B texts won't have an element of film in it)
oh would your entire paragraph have to be based on that, im memorising themes do i need a single distinctive feature??

mikrokosmos

HSC
i would do one big distinctive feature per para and have supporting evidence (conceptual, quotes, critical)

mikrokosmos

HSC
so i'd do juxtaposed comedy and history, open ended characters, and theatrical techniques

but i guess dont worry about the distinctive qualities as an essay bc it was tested last yr right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)