• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mod B TS Eliot; Essay Structure (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
how do you guys feel about like a thematic route, so like doing two poems:
body 1: theme 1, poem 1 poem 2
body 2: theme 2, poem 1 poem 2
body 3: theme 3, poem 1 poem 2

and like using 3 quotes per paragraph so alternating between which poem has 2 quotes vs 1 depending on which fits the theme more?
would probably get a bit confusing going back and forth between the two poems so much and i think it’s better to follow ideas more than just themes

katiekms

HSC
would probably get a bit confusing going back and forth between the two poems so much and i think it’s better to follow ideas more than just themes
well yeah i meant themes as in the idea lol. but also the assessment is only about two poems so i kinda have to do it that way

SecretSpectre

HSC
I need some advice on what sort of structure to use for my body paragraphs.
In my in class assessment (multimodal), I did 2 paragraphs, each discussing a different theme, and then an integrated analysis of both poems within each paragraph.
I feel like this might be too complex to replicate in the HSC, particularly if the question requires us to write about a specific poem.

I see examples where people did two body paragraphs, with one poem for each... is this a better approach?

I struggled with articulating my thoughts here, so I hope this makes some sense 😭 Thanks!
We are doing an π‘œπ“ƒπ“‰π‘œπ“π‘œπ‘”π’Ύπ’Έπ’Άπ“ π’Ώπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡π“ƒπ‘’π“Ž from π“ˆπ“Šπ’»π’»π‘’π“‡π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” in Prufrock, Preludes, or Rhapsody to questioning π“‡π‘’π“π’Ύπ‘”π’Ύπ‘œπ“Šπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑒𝒻 as a form of π“ˆπ“…π’Ύπ“‡π’Ύπ“‰π“Šπ’Άπ“ π“ˆπ’Άπ“π“‹π’Άπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ in Hollow, then finally to 𝒢𝓉𝓉𝒢𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 π“ˆπ“…π’Ύπ“‡π’Ύπ“‰π“Šπ’Άπ“ 𝑒𝓃𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 in Magi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)