• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mod C English (2 Viewers)

Demons

HSC
Personally, im only learning 1 persuasive.
what if the questions asks to only write a imaginative or the option is between a imaginative and discursive, what would you do then? Would you just write one on the spot?

ihatehsc24

HSC
what if the questions asks to only write a imaginative or the option is between a imaginative and discursive, what would you do then? Would you just write one on the spot?
Could also be just discursive aswell^

jn3238291

HSC
no id still write a persuasive and persuade the marker that this is a imaginative or discurosve and to give me full marks. Think smarter not harder

specc2040

HSC
How many Mod C drafts r u guys memorising for imaginative and discursive?
one creative and a condensed version of it with a reflection, and one discursive but not with reflection because I prob won't do the discursive if it requires reflection.

igor9

HSC
one creative and a condensed version of it with a reflection, and one discursive but not with reflection because I prob won't do the discursive if it requires reflection.
honestly just memorise a structure for reflection. i never memorised a full reflection and i have gotten 7 or 8s for it by just memorising a structure everytime, because what is more important is knowing ur text and ig some themes from the prescribed text.

Alyosha

HSC
honestly just memorise a structure for reflection. i never memorised a full reflection and i have gotten 7 or 8s for it by just memorising a structure everytime, because what is more important is knowing ur text and ig some themes from the prescribed text.
could you enlighten us on what structure you use?

igor9

HSC
bro tbh i forgot which one i used as of right now because i haven't started studying for mod c yet, it's like this ancient document that i gotta dig deep for.

HSC
bro tbh i forgot which one i used as of right now because i haven't started studying for mod c yet, it's like this ancient document that i gotta dig deep for.
pls send once u find it 🙏 I suck more at reflections than actual composition from what I've gathered

specc2040

HSC
If it's based off of one Mod C text we've studied, I do

introduction
paragraph 1
- discuss overarching technique (e.g. metatextuality) + purpose of inspo text briefly
- discuss how I used technique to serve my purpose
- discuss another technique that is part of the wider technique (e.g. reflexivity, authorial intrusion)

paragraph 2
- another technique I was inspired by (e.g. imagery)
- how I used it (e.g. motif of...) - to convey...
- another technique from the text that I expanded on (pathetic fallacy)

and I don't analyse the Mod C text, just discuss the author's techniques, and how I adopted the same technique for a completely different purpose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)