Mod C stimulus clarification (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
When an extract is given, and the instructions state "Use this line as a stimulus for the opening of an imaginative, discursive or persuasive piece of writing that explores the concept of dreams" we must continue with the lines right (as in the introduction or the starting of our piece)? Or can we implement the extract elsewhere in the piece? THanks!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep you can do an epigraph. But I think you might be risking the “integration” part of the stimulus. I guess you could draw an arrow to the stimulus to indicate epigraph or smth lol.

Imo just continue on from the stimulus but it’s really up to you. Double check with ur teachers as well!

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Yep you can do an epigraph. But I think you might be risking the “integration” part of the stimulus. I guess you could draw an arrow to the stimulus to indicate epigraph or smth lol.

Imo just continue on from the stimulus but it’s really up to you. Double check with ur teachers as well!
fair - sometimes the questions reinforce "You are not required to write out the extract as part of your response" in this case ig its better to continue from the ideas explored in the extract, but not really discuss it (apart from some references to it in the body ig). Would this be alright?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
With stimuli what markers like is when you work with ideas from the extract rather than taking it literally and writing straight from it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
jimmysmith560 said:
help what do i write in my reflection i cant afford to lose marks here
Essentially, the Module C reflection provides you with the opportunity to explain the rationale behind the piece that you wrote in response to a particular stimulus. This means providing an analytical explanation regarding the process that you followed in developing your response and any elements that inspired and/or guided you along the way. In your reflection, you can discuss the following aspects of your writing:
  • The reason(s) for which you incorporated particular techniques into your piece.
  • The way(s) in which your piece effectively responds to the given stimulus.
  • The relevance of at least one of your prescribed texts to the process and decisions that you made in terms of your writing.
Being an analytical response also means that your reflection should adopt a clear structure that makes it easier for the marker to understand your approach to your own writing. The reflection can be structured as follows:
  • Introduction - In your introduction, you can present the main points that you will be discussing relevant to your writing, as well as include the prescribed text(s)/author(s) that inspired you.
  • Body - Body paragraphs allow you to analyse and discuss the main points in detail while providing examples to support each point (where applicable). Each instance where your prescribed text(s) was relevant can then be discussed in depth.
  • Conclusion - You can provide a brief summary of your main points and perhaps conclude your reflection with an indication of areas that you want to emphasise as a writer.
I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)