mod c? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
i have a discursive written + reflection and a kinda trash imaginative as well just in case

carrotsss

HSC
how do i write a discursive 😪
the formula my teacher taught us was
- find something you hate (like genuinely something you personally hate, makes it way easier)
- detail why you hate it with a lot of motifs, anecdotes etc
- come back around to say maybe its not so bad after all

alexx_

HSC
the formula my teacher taught us was
- find something you hate (like genuinely something you personally hate, makes it way easier)
- detail why you hate it with a lot of motifs, anecdotes etc
- come back around to say maybe its not so bad after all
seems so weird and unnatural though...like i kind of understand what it is, it just seems so unnatural to write like that, yk?

carrotsss

HSC
seems so weird and unnatural though...like i kind of understand what it is, it just seems so unnatural to write like that, yk?
just be yourself, like genuinely write like you would write if u were complaining to like a friend about the thing (with some extra motifs/anecdotes etc), as informal as u want, you need to have a personal voice so its needed and it makes it feel more natural

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
just be yourself, like genuinely write like you would write if u were complaining to like a friend about the thing (with some extra motifs/anecdotes etc), as informal as u want, you need to have a personal voice so its needed and it makes it feel more natural
our school wants us to write a discursive, so standard ppl have to write a letter and its so cringe omg but wtv easy marks 🤡

carrotsss

HSC
our school wants us to write a discursive, so standard ppl have to write a letter and its so cringe omg but wtv easy marks 🤡
mine is a letter but just bc i felt like it fit the way i wrote my discursive nicely

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
how is everyone preparing for mod c
personally i am just winging it, going in with some ideas and seeing what i can think of on the spot LOL
im so screwed
i think you should just have a basic idea or at least bring in some techniques at least (eg. motif / extended metaphor for a start). i'm hoping for an imaginative so i'm memorising the one i gave to my school as a hand in that got full marks that fits pretty generically. though i'm also memorising the most super generic discursive, and the one reflection i'm using for both of them.

i've also been practising adapting by finding the weirdest wackiest questions from 2022-23 english trial papers, so if i do get the weirdest question in the hsc it won't be the end of the world.

carrotsss

HSC
i think you should just have a basic idea or at least bring in some techniques at least (eg. motif / extended metaphor for a start). i'm hoping for an imaginative so i'm memorising the one i gave to my school as a hand in that got full marks that fits pretty generically. though i'm also memorising the most super generic discursive, and the one reflection i'm using for both of them.

i've also been practising adapting by finding the weirdest wackiest questions from 2022-23 english trial papers, so if i do get the weirdest question in the hsc it won't be the end of the world.
are u still gunning for the english/modern sr

alexx_

HSC
do u have any examples of things to hate ? 😭 (i <3 english)

carrotsss

HSC
nesa gods pls 🙏
if i do i'll happily dox myself for this forum
it's like a dream tho i don't expect much but next week i'm bringing out my guns for the wed paper 1 thurs paper 2 fri modern grind
good luck! the triple exams is kinda insane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)