Mod tested (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Heraclitussss said:
Hi I just wanted to know how the modules are divided for testing. Is it like Module 1 is tested for assessment 1 and 2 is tested in a2 and the trials and hsc have the whole course of the syllabus? Thanks
This ultimately depends on the order in which your school covers the modules for HSC Biology. It is possible that some schools may not follow the logical sequence, meaning they may not necessarily assess the first module of the HSC course in the first assessment. Trial exams are intended to be indicative of HSC exams, meaning that, as with Biology HSC exams, trial exams will most likely cover all of the HSC course, giving students an idea of what the HSC exam could entail.

I suggest going through the Assessment and Reporting in Biology Stage 6 document from NESA - page 8 in particular, which is where the year 12 school-based assessment requirements are covered:

I hope this helps! 😄

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Heraclitussss said:
Hi I just wanted to know how the modules are divided for testing. Is it like Module 1 is tested for assessment 1 and 2 is tested in a2 and the trials and hsc have the whole course of the syllabus? Thanks
How schools choose to structure assessments can vary greatly between schools. I recently went through a 2020 Trial paper for chemistry that was only 75 marks in total, rather than the usual 100. It had 10 marks of material on modules 5 and 6 and 65 marks on modules 7 and 8. I assume that means that there was a substantial assessment prior to the trial with a heavy module 5 and 6 focus.

Remember that all assessments must have a notification in advance that indicates what is to be covered, so pay attention to what it says beyond merely when the assessment will be, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)