Model of a feedback mechanism (1 Viewer)

Smoke

Am i correct to assume that "to develop a model of a feedback mechanism" is something like making an analogy of the feedback mechanism? Such as a air conditioning system in a room detecting changes in temperature and responding to them accordingly to maintain a constant room temperature?

alien

HSC
yeah but it's easier to use something like the pancreas and liver responding to rises/drops in blood glucose level. all you have to do is draw a flow chart and that's your model

Smoke

Do you know where i could find an example of such a flow chart for that situation? I have a flow chart for the air conditioner one, but im not sure how your example would work.

alien

HSC
lol draw a circle. i'd write it up but i just gave all my bio notes away and i can't fully remember... sorry. you could look up on the net!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
agreed on alien... better use a biology model rather than an artificial one... i used temperature manaintance...

Smoke

Ok, ill do something along the lines of a person running, getting hot, sweating, cooling down, the drop in temp is the now the thing to react to, etc.

mr_snrub

HSC
I like the idea of the panceas and maintaining blood glucose level (BGL).
Without going into too much detail, you can quite easily understand its mechanism.
Person eats food --> BGL rises --> pancreas secretes insulin --> insulin lowers BGL --> lowered BGL tells liver to release glucagon, which causes BGL to rise (feedback).

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
or how about blood pressure, kidneys and regulatory hormones of aldosterone n the angiotensins.. slightly more unique..

Danoz The Great

HSC
I did a thremostat model of the hypothalamus. Its really good, when I get home from school I'll put it on here.

malkin86

HSC
For Further Knowledge: A positive feedback system is breastfeeding: the more the stimulus of the baby suckling, the more milk is produced by the mother. - You're not likely to need this, but I think I got asked this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)