models (1 Viewer)

izi

HSC
For all the people who did the catholic trial:

I didnt do it, but we got the catholic trial paper in class and that model question was pretty.... weird. We talked heaps about it and there are so many different opinions as the question is pretty broad. We discussed whether models includes just those plastic moli mods or if models also include electron dot diagrams and equations, blah, blah...
So if any of you peoples who did the trial , what did you write and what mark did you get out of 6?

kini mini

HSC
I heard about that question, though like you I didn't sit that trial. There is actually a dot point at the very end of the Chem of Art elective which is on the usefulness of models in the context of the Lewis acid/base model and its application to complex ions. If I had to answer that question I would simply pretend it was from Chem of Art because i've got examples etc for that, but I don't know that the core has a specific point on that. Maybe it's one of the H.x ones at the front of the syllabus booklet?

the great one

i did it and got 4 for it.
It was to do with those stupid molymod kits and you just had to say how they help us to understand.
eg: they help uis visualise the connections.
then you had to also dispute this using examples
Dont worry about it as i dont think it will be in the HSC because it is a load of shit

stuffed4exams

i also did that trial, and since i had no idea about models from chem coz i had a change of teachers and they managed to miss anything to do with models....i used one from bio to do with blood as a buffer....
but as the person b4 me said, don't worry about it...it's unlikely to b in the HSC and it really is a load of shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)