Modern History 2017 HSC exam thoughts (1 Viewer)

Dilara98

HSC
N/A
Modern History exam thoughts!

Hey guys, how did it go? Section 1 was super easy. And imo the essay questions for Indochina and Russia were really good compared to previous years.

HSC
Very fair core section and straightforward options (Germany, Speer, Pacific)

What did everyone get for m/c?
i put:
Q1 Get people to support the war effort
Q2 German disillusionment
Q3 Lack of German resources
Q4 Differing aims for the ToV
Q5 Woodrow Wilson

zeee1999

HSC
such a easy exam!! was so happy with the indochina question however part b for personality section was a bit weird

Last edited:

zeee1999

HSC

i put:
Q5 Woodrow Wilson
yep i think i put the same things i cant even remember my brain is tired

Zamura1

HSC
N/A

i put:
Q5 Woodrow Wilson
Reading back i think 3 may have actually been "Germany achieving tactical success', because thats what was specifically identified in the source

Zamura1

HSC
N/A
Personality part B was a bit interesting (Personally, Leni Riefenstahl was a bit difficult to relate), but i think i adapted quite well.

Sources generally quite easy, i think 3 may have tricked a few people, it could be germany achieving tactical success.

The Nazi-Soviet Non-agression pact was in one of my internal assessments, so i though that was pretty good.

zeee1999

HSC
Personality part B was a bit interesting (Personally, Leni Riefenstahl was a bit difficult to relate), but i think i adapted quite well.

Sources generally quite easy, i think 3 may have tricked a few people, it could be germany achieving tactical success.

The Nazi-Soviet Non-agression pact was in one of my internal assessments, so i though that was pretty good.
why do you think it was achieving tactical success?? i thought albert speer was abit hard to relate god knows what i bsed

Zamura1

HSC
N/A
I personally dont really know what it was, could be both. On another forum someone who came first in the state said it was tactical success, due to it being the only one specifically noted within the source.

vx1000

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it was pretty good. Germany / Conflict in Europe questions were pretty generic though. Thought NESA could be a bit more specific.

Overall quite happy. We did adaptions of Germany (b) for half yearly, and Conflict (b) for trials. Germany (b) is probably my favourite modern question, nice timeline, not too many stats, interesting content, interesting content. ... and you get to call Ernst Röhm gay

Last edited:

vx1000

HSC
Uni Grad

i put:
Q5 Woodrow Wilson
Call me weird but I put (a) for Q1. (The bread one haha).

It was a United States Food Administration Source. All of their posters focused on food shortages and wheat specifically.

HSC

It was a United States Food Administration Source. All of their posters focused on food shortages and wheat specifically.
i didn't know that lol, but (a) said "to increase bread production", which didn't make a lot of sense to me with the poster which was asking to eat less bread.

Dilara98

HSC
N/A

i put:
Q5 Woodrow Wilson
Yeah I picked all those

vx1000

HSC
Uni Grad

Weaboo123

HSC
Absolutely loved that exam! The core questions were straight forward and easy to answer, and my options of Germany, Leni, and Indochina were easy questions. Smashed out 6 1/2 pages for each section and used an extra writing booklet for the core question 8. Really enjoyed the personality part B question, thought it was very easy to adapt.

afltkd

HSC
N/A
I chose
A) inform of the German u boat strategy
B) successful allied counterattack
C) German tactics becoming less effective
D) differing aims
E) Wilson

The first one I originally put to encourage men to join the war but I felt like it wasn't really asking people to join and there are propaganda posters which are more persuading and direct.
The second and third, I found were tricky. Like, Germany did have inferior technology but the passages mentioned several reason for the German collapse

zeee1999

HSC
did anyone feel like modern history exams take forever to end?? i finished with half an hour left and had written like 27 pages

vx1000

HSC
Uni Grad
did anyone feel like modern history exams take forever to end?? i finished with half an hour left and had written like 27 pages
Yeah I wrote a lot as well. I finished with about 20 minutes to go so I just kept writing my conflict essay - And I write really slowly. I think 3 hours is a lot if you get good questions. Maybe if you need to plan you could take up the whole three hours.

Snowflek

HSC

Yeah i put a aswell but im sure its wrong. #get0hoursofsleepb4examandyoudontthinkcorrect. I got tricked by the bottom right which said united states food administration and thought why tf would they bother to encourage war effort or whatever, they need to deal with food production/food propaganda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)