Modern History or Maths Standard 2? (1 Viewer)

Maths standard 2 or Modern history?

• maths

• modern

Results are only viewable after voting.

periodmami

HSC
Wow, what a conflicting situation I'm in.
I'm going into year 11 this year, and all of this world war 3 chat has made me realise how much I love studying war and understanding all that is 'Modern history'. I'm super interested in the way the world operates, and I want to learn all about it. On the other hand, I also consider maths to be a very important subject, but I am conscious that standard 2 won't take me anywhere (I usually received roughly 50-71% in maths exams and above 85-90% in year 10 history).

So now I'm stuck with this;
maths standard 2 or modern history?

I want your opinions;
  • if you did modern, how did you like it? Is it as 'content heavy' as they say?
  • if you were stuck in the same position as me, what did you choose?
  • Are these too many 'essay oriented' subjects?
My other subjects are;
1 English extension + advanced
2 drama
3 visual arts
4 society and culture
5 studies of religion
6 (maths or modern)

Thank you to everyone who is willing to help me! (I'm aiming for a 92 atar btw)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, what a conflicting situation I'm in.
I'm going into year 11 this year, and all of this world war 3 chat has made me realise how much I love studying war and understanding all that is 'Modern history'. I'm super interested in the way the world operates, and I want to learn all about it. On the other hand, I also consider maths to be a very important subject, but I am conscious that standard 2 won't take me anywhere (I usually received roughly 50-71% in maths exams and above 85-90% in year 10 history).

So now I'm stuck with this;
maths standard 2 or modern history?

I want your opinions;
  • if you did modern, how did you like it? Is it as 'content heavy' as they say?
  • if you were stuck in the same position as me, what did you choose?
  • Are these too many 'essay oriented' subjects?
My other subjects are;
1 English extension + advanced
2 drama
3 visual arts
4 society and culture
5 studies of religion
6 (maths or modern)

Thank you to everyone who is willing to help me! (I'm aiming for a 92 atar btw)
There's really no such thing as having too many 'essay' subjects. I mean other than Maths really all subjects your writing essays as answers. Believe it or not I actually studied for HSC Physics the same way as HSC English. I didn't bother doing anything except writing essays. So really if you like Modern History more why not go for it? Sure Maths IS an important subject but imo go with what YOU like.

_rakelt

HSC
Honestly, I enjoyed Modern history so much.. It was one of my favourite subjects. It's straight-forward and super easy to understand. And if you enjoy it, you could consider doing extension history as well ^^

_rakelt

HSC
Like what drdusk said, you can never have too many essay based subjects. I know a friend that highly enjoys english extension2/ humanities/essay based subjects and did really well in her hsc. Maybe if you know what course you wanna do in uni then you should consider what is best for you in the long term.

periodmami

HSC
Honestly, I enjoyed Modern history so much.. It was one of my favourite subjects. It's straight-forward and super easy to understand. And if you enjoy it, you could consider doing extension history as well ^^
ty!! i’m so glad to hear from someone else who did it :)) i’m honestly so excited for it, i would do extension history but i’m already doing drama art and society and culture, don’t want 4 majorworks ahhaha

periodmami

HSC
Like what drdusk said, you can never have too many essay based subjects. I know a friend that highly enjoys english extension2/ humanities/essay based subjects and did really well in her hsc. Maybe if you know what course you wanna do in uni then you should consider what is best for you in the long term.
i really agree to this statement after thinking about it. i’m glad she did well :) i probably wanna do psychology :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)