modern history study (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
cut to the chase WHAT THE FRICK IS EVERYONE DOING HAS ANYONE STUDIED AND HOW

jxdesml

HSC
I made mind maps for every syllabus points for the short answer sections, and essay plans for half the dot points in the essay sections. Do a few today, a few tomorrow and you’ll be fine!!

Anaya R

HSC
cut to the chase WHAT THE FRICK IS EVERYONE DOING HAS ANYONE STUDIED AND HOW
I think I'm ok. Having had this all prepared beforehand for the trials, it is now a bit easier.
For you guys who are struggling, I think at this point you have 2 options:
1. Curl up in a ball and cry because you give up
2. Use the notes from this year and revise... break it up into chunks
- a lot of things in history actually connect to each other, so you can get away with not knowing *everything*
- if you don't have notes (to which I say how did you survive this far??), there is a thread somewhere in the forums where you can access the notes that someone has done. If not, ask a friend... if you do US 1919-1941, Pacific War, Civil Rights and/or Core, you can ask me for help as well 😊
- remember not to get too stressed. There is still hope! You didn't leave it to 10 mins before the exam, so you can still get there!

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Query - I've noticed plenty of folks mentioning that historiography is almost BS-able. I.e. you can literally get away with citing your Maths teacher as a renowned Oxford historian and develop convenient quotes that support your argument mid-exam... I spent wayyy too much time remembering my 32828917 quotes for advanced Paper 2 today that it detracted my study in the actual content areas etc. Can't do that again... Anyways, do you guys think making up historiography on the spot is something you can get away with? I mean how will the markers know anyway?

Anaya R

HSC
Query - I've noticed plenty of folks mentioning that historiography is almost BS-able. I.e. you can literally get away with citing your Maths teacher as a renowned Oxford historian and develop convenient quotes that support your argument mid-exam... I spent wayyy too much time remembering my 32828917 quotes for advanced Paper 2 today that it detracted my study in the actual content areas etc. Can't do that again... Anyways, do you guys think making up historiography on the spot is something you can get away with? I mean how will the markers know anyway?
You don't need to include quotes unless you *really* want to drive home your point, or provide a contrasting view.
Also, don't try to make up quotes. You can paraphrase, and that's fine to do, but creating quotes may land you in a sticky situation if the markers may have heard of the authors (e.g. Charles M Payne). It's safer to go for a paraphrased (or even no) quote... if you argue well, you still can get a band 6 mark.
Hope that answers your question

hiiitsme

HSC
It’ll be pretty obvious imo

there are common quotes people generally use, I reckon thinking up a historiography quote will take too long and if you have done it quickly I doubt it would add much value (if at all).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)