Modern history USA question (1 Viewer)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
If I'm given an essay on the effects of the Great Depression on different groups in society, do I have to talk about the New Deal at all or just the actual effects on people?

studiesofboard

HSC
how I would have structured it:

introduction -
body 1 - wall street crash - (the wall street led to the great depression)
body 2 - workers
body 3 - women
body 4- farmers
body 5 - African Americans.
body 6 - new deal (The New Deal helped improved the lives of people who were impacted by the Great depression (social security)
conclusion -

Last edited:

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
how I would have structured it:

introduction -
body 1 - wall street crash - (the wall street led to the great depression)
body 2 - workers
body 3 - women
body 4- farmers
body 5 - African Americans.
body 6 - new deal (The New Deal helped improved the lives of people who were impacted by the Great depression (social security)
conclusion -
This looks like a good way to do it, I was originally planning to do only the groups 2-5 and have fat paragraphs with pre and post depression info but this looks cleaner.

How would you structure a "To what extent did Republican economic policy influence the Great Depression?"

studiesofboard

HSC
same structure as above but

body 1 - talk about Republican economic policy + then talk about wall street crash

effective source below to use
1584761155461.png

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
same structure as above but

body 1 - talk about Republican economic policy + then talk about wall street crash

effective source below to use
View attachment 28118
Thanks, I'm planning to remember stats and terms and have a rough plan to go into the exam for a few general questions and then just write as much as I can.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
is this an exam (in class test)
It will be a in class test where I get two questions to choose from and the teacher said it will most likely be on effects or Republican policy, I just practiced writing out the scaffold you gave and I might just be able to do it in 50 min with good stats and terms, I might need to drop the New deal paragraph due to time but I think that's ok since it's not really a New Deal type question.

studiesofboard

HSC
Yeah, time is literally going to be your worst enemy. Just focus on being succinct and incorporate historical viewpoints within your responses. My Modern History teacher said that markers like it when students use historical viewpoints.

violetcombe

HSC
The way our teacher has suggested we approach this one is to cover a group per paragraph, more or less. I don't think you need the first paragraph on the crash or the last paragraph on the new deal, because they don't directly correspond to this question. That way you can go into more depth. Bit late here. Because the impact of the New Deal on people's lives is a different thing to the impact of the Great Depression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)