Modern history vs Economics (1 Viewer)

himmyhimath

HSC
Modern history vs economics workload?
I want to know which one has a lighter load as I like both of them

teridax

HSC
N/A
That's a really subjective question as it depends on the person in all honesty. However, I personally find them both content heavy - particularly as both requires thorough knowledge of the syllabus to perfection.

Silly Sausage

HSC
Both have heavy workloads and can be very tedious if you do not enjoy the subject (esp if your school chooses something boring for MH). Economics may have slighter harder content but MH can be very reliant on your memory and essay writing skills.
MH exams (trials & HSC) are a BITCH, you have MC, "short answers" (which can take up to 3-5 pages), 10 & 15 marker personality questions (essays), 25 marker national studies essay and a 25 marker conflict essay so time management is essential.
You should check up on your history teachers and find out which countries/person/conflict you will be studying.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
I do both, Economics has less content but takes more critical thinking, work is much harder to 'get'. Modern is more of a matter of paying attention and being diligent-listening in class and writing your notes early.
DISCLAIMER:Just my experience

klee98

HSC
Modern history vs economics workload?
I want to know which one has a lighter load as I like both of them
I do M.History and my friend does economics. His always bombarded with homework, memorising glossaries and answering long responses, whilst we just analyse sources and finish the topic with a long response (30-40min tops). \
This is obviously subject to change, but i think econs workload is definitely more.
But then again, we could be the lazy bunch.

Constantine

HSC
Majority of humanities subjects are heavy in content - this should be no surprise.

I took both MH and Economics and because I enjoyed them so much, the content load didn't feel stressful at all as they were interesting. However, if I must pick one as the heavier subject in terms of the amount of information, it would be history but I guess this also depends on the teacher.

History is heavy in the sense that the questions can ask for a lot of things over a long period of time, esp the extended response. While economics had less content, they are without a doubt, more difficult than MH. The theory are much more complex to understand, than, say business whereas history is merely memorising and the ability to write a good essay.

Evertone

HSC
Modern is by far the heaviest in content (I use to think Economics was).

The thing with economics is not content but depth. You need to understand a few things in a lot of depth, while in modern you need to understand a lot of things in mild depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)