modern history vs physics (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I do both and I absolutely love Physics. I also hate Modern History with a passion.
Don't get me wrong, I love learning about the history and what happens and stuff but the essays and stuff where you have to answer the question in such an english-like manner just makes me want to cry.

@ Anna, Physics may be a lot more english-based now but it's still very relevant to engineering ==;;

A lot of the Physics syllabus requires you to go through the 'history' of the discovery of <insert theory/particle/everything else> but it still has a lot of the Physics side to it. The Maths HAS been dumbed down quite a bit, but it's still probably the most mathematical subject in the HSC besides Maths itself.
I love Physics because the marking criteria is simple. If you include this and that in your answer, you get the mark. Whereas in Modern History, it's a lot like English where you mostly bullshit your response and try to get the best mark you can (even though it does require you to include a lot of specific information).

tl;dr
Physics for Maths people, Modern for English people.
(Physics is awesome)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Physics .

1. It's actually useful and teaches you how the world works and everything within it.
2. It's maths orientated. Anyone who does extension maths can do the maths in physics - it just makes it easier.
3. If you end up doing 4U - it helps when learning mechanics.
4. Decent scaling.
5. Physics is cool. =)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Physics .

1. It's actually useful and teaches you how the world works and everything within it.
2. It's maths orientated. Anyone who does extension maths can do the maths in physics - it just makes it easier.
3. If you end up doing 4U - it helps when learning mechanics.
4. Decent scaling.
5. Physics is cool. =)
This is true.
It is not as maths orientated (thanks to the social and historical side taking over much of it) and useful to some degree.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I do both and I absolutely love Physics. I also hate Modern History with a passion.
Don't get me wrong, I love learning about the history and what happens and stuff but the essays and stuff where you have to answer the question in such an english-like manner just makes me want to cry.

@ Anna, Physics may be a lot more english-based now but it's still very relevant to engineering ==;;

A lot of the Physics syllabus requires you to go through the 'history' of the discovery of <INSERT else everything particle theory>but it still has a lot of the Physics side to it. The Maths HAS been dumbed down quite a bit, but it's still probably the most mathematical subject in the HSC besides Maths itself.
I love Physics because the marking criteria is simple. If you include this and that in your answer, you get the mark. Whereas in Modern History, it's a lot like English where you mostly bullshit your response and try to get the best mark you can (even though it does require you to include a lot of specific information).

tl;dr
Physics for Maths people, Modern for English people.
(Physics is awesome)
LOL, i got told not to do physics by past HSCers in engineering because it's a waste of time unless i wanted a high scaling subject XD

No one BSs in english ;) And with modern it's not really BS but recounting events and using them as evidence to back up whatever random argument you've come up for the question :p

yehh alright, physics wins
Baha, go for it! Just make sure you don't regret it :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)