• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Modern history vs society and culture? (1 Viewer)

Diala

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,
So I'm about to choose my subjects for year 11 & 12 and the last subject is down to modern or society and Im honestly stuck. Please help!!

buriza

conviction
HSC
If you want to do a major work, do Society and Culture. If you don't, do Modern History. This is probably one of the main things you should've thought about.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Being a humanities (more business and economics rather than the histories and geographies) student, I genuinely don't respect Society and Culture students in high schools.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Society and Culture. Its very flexible, particularly in exams. But yeah, the only setback is the PIP that many people dread.

If you love essay writing, Modern. If you love Social issues, religion etc, Society.

JuliusSeizure

HSC
what appeals to you the most? Ask past students/teachers questions about the subjects

natrat1997

HSC
It is best to talk to your teachers about your confusion in choosing which subject. Get them to show you past works and assessments so you can see the work load and the manner in which you need to write essays.
I do modern history- It is a great subject, very content heavy though.
I don't do society and culture- I am not too fond of it based on what I have heard.

Go with what your gut says and don't follow others.
GOOD luck xx

Silly Sausage

HSC
Society and Culture. Its very flexible, particularly in exams. But yeah, the only setback is the PIP that many people dread.

If you love essay writing, Modern. If you love Social issues, religion etc, Society.
There is a heavy emphasis on love, seriously, trials and HSC exams for modern are pretty much essay writing marathons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)