Module A "in the wild" is anybody actually doing this? (1 Viewer)

hongkey

HSC
ive been searching through the site looking for papers on Brave New WOrld and Blade Runner...

but all im able to find is on "Emma clueless...

where can i get notes on them?

:confused: :apig: :chainsaw: ....

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Hey i'm doing that.......i just started.
Could u read the bk?........it took me one week to read the first 5 pages or smthng............arghhhhhhh so boring in the start, but it gets better later.
I found this useful:

hsc.csu.edu.au/english/advanced/comparative_study/in_the_wild/bnw_br/b...

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i'm doing in the wild - with BR and BNW... it's pretty good once you get into it - in response to practise papers, i'm actually doing my 1/2 yearly tomorrow, so i'll see what i can do to get the paper online!

kini mini

HSC
I have some papers for those on my site, click on the 'www' tab in my post window. They are trials from last year.

:( Too much work!! Yes I'm doing Bladerunner/ Brave New World... but we haven't started that yet. We've done Gwen Harwood and King Lear, and we're starting work on The Justice Game now.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
ok well i just had my 1/2 yearly (paper 2 - just had br/bnw) and the questions were pretty basic - the critical response was just "how do the authors of these texts convey "in the wild"?" and the imaginative was a conversation between the two authors in relation to context and purpose

astron

HSC
N/A
Did they ask you for related texts with this module?
We're about to start it.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by astron
Did they ask you for related texts with this module?
We're about to start it.
No related texts, it's a comparitive study ...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yep we do. We have just started the module, we are going to get the topic for the speech next term.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
We've got to do a speech for this module, which will be done first week of term 2.

tieki

We have to do a video...we have to find a location, and through the genre of film, show how that location links to BNW and BR...it's really quite difficult, and we don't have long to do it... :confused:

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by tieki
We have to do a video...we have to find a location, and through the genre of film, show how that location links to BNW and BR...it's really quite difficult, and we don't have long to do it... :confused:
I've got to say that sounds interesting though. Never heard of anything like this in English though. I guess full credit to your English department, but it does sound kinda hard too. Anyway good luck.

Leon_Phelps

Yeh i just finished that topic...
i found it pretty easy. doing past papers and exercises helps. i topped my class for one of my essays on "how do the authors of these texts convey "in the wild"?" so that was pretty sweet.
i have to admit it is a bitch to get back into though, my half yearlys are on after the holdiays... and, together with donne, english is gonna be so fuckin hard
anyone else havin troubles with donne?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by hongkey
does anyone have to do a speech on this module?
we had to do an assesment that was basically a speech - but we got put into groups of 4, given a topic, each person did a 3 min speech, then after all 4 of us had spoken we got 5 mins to prepare for a 15 min "discussion" where you discussed what each person had to say bout the topic... was pretty good really, you got to see lots of different ideas and stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)