Module A - Transformations (1 Viewer)

starrysky

HSC
Give a shout-out if you did Transformations for Module A, people!

Paper 2 (Modules) said:
'Transformations' require an imaginative reshaping of significant elements of a text for new contexts.

Select TWO significant elements of Austen's Emma/Shakespeare's Hamlet and analyse how they are reshaped to create meaning in Heckerling's Clueless/Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
I personally thought this question was easy to complete - it was easy to link to, didn't require a personal response, and was generalised enough to not make me run out of the room waxing lyrical about my 0% sanity.

Thoughts, anyone?

:)

historykidd

HSC
starrysky said:
Give a shout-out if you did Transformations for Module A, people!

I personally thought this question was easy to complete - it was easy to link to, didn't require a personal response, and was generalised enough to not make me run out of the room waxing lyrical about my 0% sanity.

Thoughts, anyone?

:)
Easy enough I just discussed the shifting characterization and language.

kathymon

HSC
The question was easy.. but i ran out of time -sigh- i think over all the modules were much much easier then AOS

^emmie^

HSC
what two elements did everyone talk about

i do hamlet/RAGAD

and talked about the theme of death and structre/language

HSC
kathymon said:
The question was easy.. but i ran out of time -sigh- i think over all the modules were much much easier then AOS
Ah! Ditto! ... x__x

I think if I just had 5 or 10 mins extra I would've made it!

Thank god it was an easy question though ^__^

I believe I did (for Ham/R+G) religion, death, destiny... Something... Along the lines of all that stuff, I went for the themes... Mainly 'cause it was implanted into my brain, lol XD

So glad they didn't ask a character focused question! *phew*

bec007

HSC
lol at first i was like WHY DID THEY PUT THE WORD IMAGINATIVE IN THE QUESTION!?! far out so sick of that word lol. but then i realised it was an easy question. i did emma/clueless and talked about three things not two, but they were sort of related anyway. i think i did two booklets :) ohh yeh. lol but my hand was in serious agony after.

^emmie^

HSC
didnt they only ask for two things

cause i remember being angry cause i couldnt talk about more

becasue if it did n people did more thats an unfair advantage will they lose marks like just get marked on the first two

starrysky

HSC
^emmie^ said:
didnt they only ask for two things

cause i remember being angry cause i couldnt talk about more

becasue if it did n people did more thats an unfair advantage will they lose marks like just get marked on the first two
They will only get marked on the first two that they mention, so it creates an even playing field for all those who did no more than two.

I did Emma/Clueless.

I selected mainly theme stuff - talked about the superficial values and delusions about existence for Emma and Cher mostly (which ties in with the whole modern materialistic values notion), and then about the whole appropriation of love and marriage in comparing them and stuff.

Meh. I did it first, and took 50 minutes for it; I was running behind, and didn't finish Module B until 11, which meant only half an hour for Module C. Boooo.

Ah well.

samuel slack

HSC
Did Emma/Clueless, and compared the elements of textual form, and the value of marriage and its transformation into a value of sexual relationships.

sykoticx

HSC
this question scared me at first..
but it was quite easy to tweak....

2 themes or "elements" was so easy to get around...
use 2 general ideas and then link it back at the end...

collide

HSC
I did Emma/Clueless

I just wrote about the characters in Emma being transformed to those in Clueless and the societal values..
Stressed out when I first saw the question but I got around it okay I guess.

Empress of All

HSC
I did Emma/Clueless

I did the transformation of social structre, and marriage/courtship into sexual relations. I thought this was a very very nice question.

appleide

HSC
-> I did structure & climax-> anti-climax supported by various other devices....... marker might have a prob with that because anti-climax is part of structure...... :S
I wrote 7 pages.

mithril1337

HSC
hmm
i did the How society displays women and how heckerling 'reshaped' these into her contemporary to express the same 'humorous' nature and ends as Austen intended

And the other was social subtleties and the repercussions thereof.

what do you think hsc clique.

what-for?

HSC
starrysky said:
They will only get marked on the first two that they mention, so it creates an even playing field for all those who did no more than two.
are you flippin serious?
so much for talking about four elements.
aargh.. it seemed like such a waste to put only 2 significant elements so i added 2 more.
my first two were character and manners/social conventions.
that totally sucks. :mad1:

starrysky

HSC
what-for? said:
are you flippin serious?
so much for talking about four elements.
aargh.. it seemed like such a waste to put only 2 significant elements so i added 2 more.
my first two were character and manners/social conventions.
that totally sucks. :mad1:
Social conventions can get you a lot of marks, though - like you can talk about the whole relationships dependent on wealth, status and influence (if you did Austen/Heckerling), and then relate to marriage and love and whatever else Austen jammed in there but obviously didn't intend on her book to be analysed by a few thousand HSC candidates who've come to hate her for the fact that she gave proverbial birth to something that they now have to compare to a movie that was released twelve years ago.

:p

Hannamae

HSC
my two elements were Values and Themes... are they actually ELEMENTS?? :eek:

bmwz4

HSC
i did the elements of marriage and moral reformation..i had 2 paragraphs about social structure so i integrated my social structure with marriage to make it seem like im tlking about only one...worked out good :)

dwatt

HSC
I had difficulty only talking about TWO themes to be honest. I wanted to talk about social structure of both, the notion of bildungsroman, and marriage and love etc.

So I chose to "integrate" a few paragraphs on social structure into the growth to moral awareness, by saying that the heroine's sense of superiority is derived from their social position, wealth, independence etc. etc.

Do you think BOS will see through this? (essentially, I talked about three things, but rather obviously decided to merge two).

musiche

HSC
omg...wow does anyone do Raimi/Chaucer????
i knew that it wasn't common but i didn't think that like our school were the only ones! haha

but yea i thought the question was a bit weird, but i managed to write a pretty well structure response...my two elements were textual form and characterisation :)

i'm just glad english is over! like forever!!!! now we only do it by choice!!!! muhahaha

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)