Module B and textual integrity (1 Viewer)

hello-there

HSC
okokok...after reading numerous posts i need someone to confirm my attained interpretation of textual integrity.

SO this is my interpretation: [FONT=&quot]your interpreted values relating to its worth to contemporary audiences

so for e.g. the value of corruption which somewhat relates to modern views > hence providing significance = textual integrity

so am i right or is this a whole lot of shoots?

:spzz::spzz::spzz::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::spzz::spzz::spzz:

[/FONT]

hello-there

HSC
Also how would you integrate other peoples POV's into your essay.
I intepreted others suggestions as: state their view with a quote and show how it reshaped/enrched your understanding.

so for e.g. "author" says ...................................... which to an extent contradictss with my idea. However the soliloquy re-establishes my idea and disparrages this "author's" claim.

Is this right???

Last edited:
HSC
Textual integrity is about the way it is put together.

When a character does something that makes you think of "X that happened to X back in chapter X" that is textual integrity.

It is hard to explain, but if you think of the work as a jigsaw puzzle it is easier. If a bird goes across two jigsaw pieces, and you put them together - that is part of textual integrity. If you notice something about the shape of the pieces, that's textual integrity.

hello-there

HSC
so how would you actually mention it in your essays or does your explanation of ideas already cover the textual integrity bit?

acemusic415

HSC
so how would you actually mention it in your essays or does your explanation of ideas already cover the textual integrity bit?
Textual Integrity is basically how well the text comes together - how coherent and cohesive it is. Like ScardeyTiger said, its like a jigsaw puzzles, when its seperate and not together, it's nothing special however when all the aspects are integrated, the text brings forth some significance and integrity. Thus, you need to explore certain thematic complexities in Hamlet - it could be like betrayal, loyalty, retribution etc, and how they are incorporated to make an extensive text which essentially demonstrate its literary significance and textual integrity. Through the use of other critic's perspectives, such as T.S Eliot of Freud, you can use their arguments to either strengthen your argument or weaken you argument - or even to the extent of showing the differences in arguments. However, you must realise and not get caught up in providing a critical study on critics by deconstructing their line of argument, it is there to support yours.

After writing your essay, you will notice the idea of textual integrity will be embraced throughout, with many implications within your writing that suggests cohesion and coherence and how it all fits together, through the use of techniques, criticisms, examples etc. Intentionally making it explicit might confuse you, so just write and see what comes out. Read over it and then fix it.

Hope that helps. :)

Edit: This is for Critical Study, but I believe it is similar to Close Study of Text.

Last edited:

hello-there

HSC
yea thanx for the replies
nice analogy btw
cleared my misconceptions abit better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)