Module B - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

laracroft

grk_styl said:
i did too. i got so engrossed in my entries, but i think the marker's are going to vomit.
hey jem i did journal entries 2!!
i can't think of all this extra creative stuff that ppl do
i heard u spoke to my dad, lol i swear that mans a nutter

idontgetit

HSC
mozzie said:
i completely stuffed it and wrote a whloe heap of nothing actually 18 pages of nothing... :confused: so so so screwed
Don't complain, I only wrote 6 pages of nothing
Is it ok to base it on a text - I had it from the viewpoint of Charlotte Lucas

LozziPozzi

LozziPOzzi
HSC
N/A
can someone just give me an opinion on my c.w. just because im a bit worried.
i know it wasnt overally imaginative bcuz i just couldnt b bothered.

ok i did a feature article about individual and society and split it into sub headings of religious paradigms, economic paradigms and philisophical paradigms. under each, i slotted in the ways of thinking of 19th century and discussed how the composers& their characters were individuals by challenging these etc etc. i used my related texts, (p&p, doll house and browning) and my related text of jane eyere.

hmmmmm?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
imperfek said:
I studied Ind&soc. n rote a letter from charlotte to lizzy bout how she fully regrets marrying mr collins n that she shoulda paused n reflected early etc etc 9 pages fulla bull real confident since no1 else really seems to hav bn on the same wave length :/ not....blardi

^iMPerFek AnJeL^
same, but mine was from Jane, about how she was encouraging a friend to marry for reason and pasion.. blah blah blah... 10 pages later, my "imgingative composition"

waterfowl

HSC
LozziPozzi said:
Why worry? There's nothing you can do about it now!

LozziPozzi

LozziPOzzi
HSC
N/A
ok WORRIED was the wrong word....more interested in anyone's opinion.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
waterfowl said:
Why worry? There's nothing you can do about it now!
Ah, if only I could put that into practise. I'm the one who gets home, re-reads the question 5 times until I can convince myself that I didn't answer it, then stresses out for the next 2 months until we get our results.

I'm a postmortem-er. And a postmodern-er. Maybe they equate to the same thing.

Tredanse

HSC
RFTG:

Mine started off as a childs story, naive and full of spelling errors. "I Live In A Big City" by Will Price, age 7. He describes his lifestyle and stuff, and then talks how he learnt at school about the people in the tribes out in the desert... and how unlucky they are to not have electricity or heating or medicine.

That part ends and it switches to third person narrative...

Cut forward a few hundred years, a young child from a tribe finds the story on fading paper in a crumbling building. He shows it to the village elder, who tells him of the city people long ago and how were all killed by smog inhalation because of the pollution, caused by their machines, and how it's now ironic that the only survivors (the tribal people who lived far enough away to not be poisoned by smog) have to hide in the ruined cities to escape acid rain etc. The boy is full of wonder over things like supermarkets (where you can get already-dead animals so you don't have to hunt them!) and heaters (his mother died in the last winter). But the elder says that these things contributed to the pollution while simultaneously helping the city-folk.

Cut back to the present, to little Will showing his father the story he wrote about his life in the city, and his father telling Will he should be proud that he belongs to civilisation, and his descendants will survive when the tribes are dying from disease and famine. I had the father say the Mark Twain quote somewhere in there, explaining that they were lucky to be part of the majority who had electricity. End with Will's father turning up the heater.

... I probably should have made the demise of civilisation a little more realistic than "they all choked to death" =P ... could've said something about acid rain and smog killing crops and therefore livestock died and therefore people died from lack of food... And I think I polarized too much. Ah well. ^ ^ ... Yeah, and it was crap. I think the space of a few hundred years for all civilisation to be dead and crumbling, is also unrealistic. Go me! ^ ^;

fivebyfive

HSC
I did Retreat from the Global. The Mark Twain quote didn't exactly fit with our rubric now i think about it. Seemed to be more suited to "Individual and the Society".
I wrote about 14 pages of crap about a politician who had some shoddy deal with a multicorporation to bulldoze a memorial park...and eventually he decides not to bulldoze it...in 14 pages....ergh. Oh well...it was a re-write for me. I wrote pretty much exactly the same thing in my half-yearly and came away with 23/25. Not too shabby :D

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
a story
from the point of view of sunshine in shipping news when shes all grown up
it was shithouse

Farcanell

RFTG

Wrote a 16 page feature article (you got no idea how hard it is to ramble for those). Written from the perspective of Quoyle. Was basically an extension of his editorial "Nobody hangs a picture of an oil tanker", featuring elements of The Castle, Heaney and The Gods Must Be Crazy (one of my related) as examples. Said that the Global was the mainstream and should be viewed with caution, that ppl should only adopt aspects of it with care. I reckon i got the "voice" correct, and covered all of the epistemes/paradigms. Didn't write nearly enough that was consistent with Levi-Strauss' structuralism though... too much on Clifford's hybridity.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Farcanell said:
RFTG

Wrote a 16 page feature article (you got no idea how hard it is to ramble for those). Written from the perspective of Quoyle. Was basically an extension of his editorial "Nobody hangs a picture of an oil tanker", featuring elements of The Castle, Heaney and The Gods Must Be Crazy (one of my related) as examples. Said that the Global was the mainstream and should be viewed with caution, that ppl should only adopt aspects of it with care. I reckon i got the "voice" correct, and covered all of the epistemes/paradigms. Didn't write nearly enough that was consistent with Levi-Strauss' structuralism though... too much on Clifford's hybridity.
W00t! I read all these people doing 'original' responses and thought I'd "got it wrong", but it seems I'm not alone. I wrote a third person reflection from the perspectives of Quoyle and Tert Card, as they discover that they are part of their own majority, and consider the ways of thinking behind the systems they support. Managed to draw it out for 10 pages.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
laracroft said:
hey jem i did journal entries 2!!
i can't think of all this extra creative stuff that ppl do
i heard u spoke to my dad, lol i swear that mans a nutter
i can't believe i made up something on the spot...i wrote a lot, but it's probably a whole lot of crap. though i found journal entries the easiest to do. your dad is GREAT! such a nice man :)

LozziPozzi said:

ok i did a feature article about individual and society and split it into sub headings of religious paradigms, economic paradigms and philisophical paradigms. under each, i slotted in the ways of thinking of 19th century and discussed how the composers& their characters were individuals by challenging these etc etc. i used my related texts, (p&p, doll house and browning) and my related text of jane eyere.

hmmmmm?
ahhh you'll kill it. i'm sooooo stupid. i didn't realise i could have done a feature article. GRRRR! well done :)

Senator04

HSC
N/A
Yeah, mine wasn't brillaintly original as some here are, but I tried to present the opposite view to this through a sermon of Mr Collins', and try and put my point across with a bit of sarcasm here and there.Wrote about ten pages.

cwilson

wow all you pomo people did stuff with the philosophers....

i did a story about an author who kept writing 'original' stuff that wasn't 'popular' so he wrote a shitty story so he could get published and then, after he was a successful writer of crap novels he saw the quote in a window and decided to change and write original studd again and then he woek up the next morning and wondered why the story wasn't finished but then he realised the student's hour was almost up and he went back to sleep.

you've alll got me worried
what with your value factorys and conventions.... oh well i like my little story

Scatterbrain

will i fail for not indicating that i do postmodernism? i mentioned it heaps throughout the actual text but, it should be fairly obvious

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I did I&S, and I'm just stoked that I never have to watch Pride and Prejudice again!

I've never been good at writing the creative responses for EE1 (I always seem to be marked down for not setting it in the 19th century, which is bullshit).

I did a short story about a kid who's sick of living in his shithole house with his aunt, and so dreams of entering the Church. His aunt then tells him that he happens to have a nobleman for an uncle (supposed to be elements of romanticism, I'm not sure how well that came across). So the uncle comes and gets him (turns out he's a hedonist) and the kid chooses to forget about his upbringing and live it up with his uncle. Kinda shit, and I couldn't really ramble enough so I only wrote 6 pages.

Farcanell

hfis said:
W00t! I read all these people doing 'original' responses and thought I'd "got it wrong", but it seems I'm not alone. I wrote a third person reflection from the perspectives of Quoyle and Tert Card, as they discover that they are part of their own majority, and consider the ways of thinking behind the systems they support. Managed to draw it out for 10 pages.
Yeah I was having some doubts during reading time as to whether or not it was the way to go... its certainly the less creative thing to do I guess as you're drawing upon a characterisation rather than trying to develop your own . Still, the way I see it the story's going to be of higher quality because of the fuller characterisation so that should make up for any lack of originality. And seeing how originality isn't actually written in as a syllabus dot-point, originality is probably just more of an asethetic thing... well, thats the way I saw it anyway.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
Scatterbrain said:
will i fail for not indicating that i do postmodernism? i mentioned it heaps throughout the actual text but, it should be fairly obvious
ohmigod, me too! i didnt mention i did pomo even though it said in bold you must indicate elective. i was sooooo worried. I think they'd look at your centre number, what the other ppl from your school did, cause they mark them together right? or they'd track down your analytical piece just to be sure. but it'd be pretty obvious, because i mentioned pomo like you did and fowles. but i think it would be alright, or i'll just pretend i don't have this unit. it mightn't have counted anyway. but i think they put up with a lot of anomalies like that at marking centres, they should mark it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)