Module B: Critical Study of Texts (Merged) (1 Viewer)

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
I studied Hamlet and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead,
Wuthering Heights and Frontline. I took a flyer in only preparing
an essay and not bothering to learn much else from each text.
Well, except Wuthering Heights, because its cool.

Anyway, the questions were nice, I wrote my three prepared responses
that I finished at 1.30 this morning and got up at 6 to practice.
I'm off to sleep.

PS. Sorry to hear about everyone who get screwed. I guess you're always going to get disparity between the questions when you've got so many different electives to choose from. Our class got the best choices, but everyone else in the grade got stuck with Lear, BNWBR and Emma and Clueless. Unlucky.

drunk_polly

HSC
i did an essay :S.. and at the end i just added "I remain to insist that bla bla"

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
As with many on here, I wasn't prepared for three speeches - I had prepared Lincoln's and Levertov's but I had to throw in Keating's as well. I had only had around 36 minutes to do Module B though given that I spent extra time on Module A...ah well. It's unfair. They should've specified three scenes from King Lear or similar - hopefully they take that into consideration when marking or at least make some statistical alterations.

Btw. what text type was it exactly? I just wrote an essay given that nothing was specified...some wrote an essay in first person which I'm guessing was acceptable...any thoughts?

rama_v

HSC
I did a pure essay attacking the question, no reference to I or anything lol
Oh well at least I answered the question, I think thats all they are looking for

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i had an intro and conc. in first person saying why i think it was worthy for study (i do 'speeches') and the rest was more just the essay i had prepared!

HSC
Well, can't say that I'm not really angry that people who prepared their responses got lucky and that many people like myself who just studied everything got completely ripped off. In an ideal world it would be those with prepared answers that left the exam going "AHhhh i was so not ready for that.. Everything I wrote was complete crap!" but seeing how this is always going to be a world where many of us who genuinely try fail, I suppose I need to start getting used to it.

consty_87

HSC
Thought the paper was pretty good overall. I was worried about getting some weird text type like feature article, etc., but a straight out exposition is always easy.

The question applied to Wuthering Heights quite well, although I feel sympathy for those of you doing Harwood and speeches. I s'pose the syllabus doesn't actually say how many of the texts you needed to study, so they could probably get away with anything.

I went about five minutes overtime on this question, but I think it was time well spent. I can generally write a good Telling the Truth essay in just over half an hour, so it was that bad.

By the way, what text type did everyone else use? I wrote an exposition, but another kid from a school in my area wrote a transcript of an argument in which he was defending his view. Considering that the question didn't actually specify, I'm just wondering what you all wrote.

SmileyCam

HSC
well the questions says to "respond through a critical analysis", so I just did essay

carlzishere

unknown person
HSC
I did an essay, because it also said a critical evaluation, and I could see myself doing that in a speech or something... crazy crazy question!

ishq

brown?
HSC
SmileyCam said:
well the questions says to "respond through a critical analysis", so I just did essay
Exactly! It was just like an argument. Only a bit of persuasive language...

0Jade0

HSC
Ah, I am so relieved that I'm not the only one who did a convo. *sigh*

sexybaby552

well i did CLOUDSTREET did anyone else??? i didnt think it was to bad... although i dont know how well i wrote bout it.. i used the family saga and the spiritual reading and i think i talked to much bout the family saga n didnt write enough bout spiritual..... n then there is the whole shit bout context i think i might hav left that out... oh i dont know

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
rowan brand said:
I RECCON... what a mysterious question. I did a speech in front of the class (as it said it was a class discussion) and i made it directd at a student who had criticised me.

Veyr odd question. alot of ppl from my grade did essays. I dont know how but. coz it said it was a class discussion?
i did exactly this too...during the reading time i got really confused..woidnbering "where do they say what text type it is"...so i read through the 3 Qs again..n found nothing..but made seciton II a speech..like this:..

My Speech: ............bla bla bla...conclusion..
Brian: Yes i agree bla bla..for abt 3 lines..
and that was it..

consty_87

HSC
I did an exposition, but I know at least one person who wrote a transcript for a conversation. The question was pretty open really, and considering that you're backing up your opinion (the way the question asked), I can't see that you'll lose any marks. I did an exposition because of the critical response part, although I was tempted to do a conversation/argument.

bugs

yeh i just assumed that you had ALREADY done a personal response and in reply u were required to develop a 'critical analysis' ....

yeh. i dunno

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)