Module B - Elective 2: Postmodernism (Essay) (1 Viewer)

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
And postmodernism now makes me cringe when i hear words like 'metafictional self-conciousness' and 'perpetual present'

..........Okay so I did that before the exam too. Didnt anyone else find this topic slightly pretentious before they got onto Jameson? That damn Fowles needs some kinda pegging down or something.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
No, not really...I think actual postmodernism itself isn't what's pretentious, it's just the people like Swain from DWM that make it that way. I think pomo theory in it's purest form is really fascinating and relevant. I liked FLW??? I thought it was really clever and funny, I didn't find the author's intrusions annoying like some people in my class did. I guess it's just a matter of the style of fiction you enjoy, not just whether or not you agree with pomo.

somechick

HSC
N/A
hi peoples
yeah i thought the question was good too. Why is everyone getting so angry over who's the smartest. Does anyone give a damn??? Good for you, hsc king, and good for u too gemita. Hopefully, you will both do great so you can shove ur marks up each others noses again some later time. (????!!!!)
But getting back to the hsc question, i talked about how the nature of representation is thats its constructed purely by dominant ideologies, and that's what is represented as "truth" in texts. For the creative i wrote a killer subversion of victorian realism, but i'm worried that the markers wont get it cos its pomo and pomo is "weird for the sake of weird".
I agree with gemita: i so want to do media and cultural studies now after studying postmodernism. Love it.

Brad222

HSC
Just out of curiosity

In EE1 how long should you spend on the essay and how long on the creative. How much is required to write for the creative.

I am asking this because I have a tendency to spend WAY too long on the essay e.g 1 hr 20min on essay & 40min on creative.

Is this normal???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)