Module B - Elective 2: Postmodernism (Essay) (1 Viewer)

cowsushi

HSC
N/A
that freakin image....

it complelty thru me: my instict was to actually make a direct ref to it in my (non sufficent) essay but i went against that and focused on wot it seemed to be communicating as a concept. from now on gut instincts only...

my uai has also flown quite swiftly out the window

hurrah for canberra and their sweet sweet low UAI cutoffs

cowsushi

HSC
N/A
btw, am i the only one who finds pomo really interesting? i reckon studying philosophy would be tops. i hated it all year til i actually did the work for exam prep..

cowsushi

HSC
N/A
yes, 10 or so incredibly witty, intelligent and above all gorgeous females ready to conquer the world through philosophical domination...

i bags europe...

M

mick18

Well, hey there all,
I don't post here often but I thought i would share my thoughts about the postmodernism exam:

For the creative I got 19 pages, one of my better efforts. I thought the question was tops, I expect to get at least above 90% for that section.

I was even happier with the essay question. Got through 3 booklets, didn't count the pages tho. I had the best idea, I talked about sexuality and the representation of sexuality such as in Orlando. What gave me this idea was the bent and straight guy in the mirror. So I talked about homosexuality, especially in Slaughterhouse 5. Then i was able to link it with pomophobia and stuff. Twas great. I expect to get a good mark.

After this exam UAI target: 95-100

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
Mick, I know how you feel. I totally aced that exam, honestly you'd think for the HSC they would devise something a tad harder.

I breezed through the creative, all up 21 pages, then ripped apart the essay, with 19 1/2. Postmodernism was made for people like me. People not afraid to show their intellect when it counts.

At this rate, I am going for at least 96 in the HSC.

And to think people told me this was the hardest time of my teenage life?

HSC FOREVER! :D

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
gemita said:
So YOU guys are the ones who keep giving postmodernism the bad name....and I always thought it was the theorists!
So YOU are the idiot who could not comprehend the topic.

I pity the school you're at. It must suck to have your grades pulled down.

Do not bring the theorists into this. Roland Barthes is greater than thou.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
HSC-King said:
So YOU are the idiot who could not comprehend the topic.

I pity the school you're at. It must suck to have your grades pulled down.

Do not bring the theorists into this. Roland Barthes is greater than thou.
If you'd read the above posts you might have noticed that I did get postmodernism, since I said that I thought it was the most beneficial thing I've learnt in the last 2 years...my school does just fine thanks, just because I find you arrogant doesn't mean I'm not coming first in extension.

I was joking....but never mind, I guess we can't expect you to process such subtlety.

M

mick18

Hook, line and sinker gemita. Have you heard of that expression?

Perhaps you should pay some respect to the HSC-King?

M

mick18

gemita said:
my school does just fine thanks, just because I find you arrogant doesn't mean I'm not coming first in extension.

Interesting sentence structure and syntax for a student apparently ranked first.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Don't kid yourself, this is an internet site...nobody bothers to manipulate language in the way they would if they were writing normally or even speaking, let alone to the level they would in an extension exam. I'm not going to argue with you over my marks and rank - I'm coming first (in ee1 and ee2), getting very high marks, and since you have absolutely no idea about me your opinion is irrelevant.

M

mick18

gemita said:
Don't kid yourself, this is an internet site...nobody bothers to manipulate language in the way they would if they were writing normally or even speaking, let alone to the level they would in an extension exam. I'm not going to argue with you over my marks and rank - I'm coming first (in ee1 and ee2), getting very high marks, and since you have absolutely no idea about me your opinion is irrelevant.
Wow, who's big noting herself eh?
Perhaps you and HSC-King are a perfect match; two conceited twats with plenty of tickets on yourself.
Out of interest, what do you intend on doing in the future with the obvious intelligence you have been blessed with?

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
mick18 said:
Interesting sentence structure and syntax for a student apparently ranked first.

BTW, Mrs. Iamrankedfirstlovemenow, they say ignorance is bliss, you must be one hell of a happy person.

May I take this time to thank you. For, I know who I am up against in the HSC, I can sleep peacefully at night.

Kudos.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
It's not like I go around bragging on forums just to fill in my spare time...when people like you insult me by deconstructing my sentence structure (which, incidentally, is the epitome of conceitedness, so I think you're being slightly hypocritical here) then defending myself isn't big-noting, it's standing up for myself.

Unlike you, who for some reason felt the need to make ridiculously ego-stroking comments on the last page of this thread. All I've said is that I'm doing well - and always in defence of myself - whereas you made unprovoked and arrogant comments about your incredible intellect.

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
I'd like to tell you that you could not handle the truth.
But I suspect the intertextuality would cause your brain to weep.

So! May we continue this over, say, dinner?

Oh, and Mike, get off your high-horse. The HSC was made for mortals with thinking habits, not lesser beings with drinking habits.

M

mick18

gemita said:
Unlike you, who for some reason felt the need to make ridiculously ego-stroking comments on the last page of this thread.
Oh, and it's a big ego to stroke baby. You should help me sometime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)