• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Module B Essay (1 Viewer)

elliott07

🌙
HSC
for our task we are given all 5 ts Eliot poems and I was wondering if you have any strategies to memorise analysis / intro statements?

Cherryy9

HSC
In terms of analysis, I would make a sing sing for all my quotes if that makes sense. I would memorise it and practice doing hsc/trial questions adapting my quotes. In the hsc and trials, I found it easier to quickly write the song song (it was short) and since each word corresponded with a quote or analysis I could look at it and connect it more to the question.
In saying this, this strategy may not work for everyone- so I often don’t tell my students to try it. Instead, you need to experiment with different methods and do practice exam conditions to see which works for you. Good luck!

elliott07

🌙
HSC
In terms of analysis, I would make a sing sing for all my quotes if that makes sense. I would memorise it and practice doing hsc/trial questions adapting my quotes. In the hsc and trials, I found it easier to quickly write the song song (it was short) and since each word corresponded with a quote or analysis I could look at it and connect it more to the question.
In saying this, this strategy may not work for everyone- so I often don’t tell my students to try it. Instead, you need to experiment with different methods and do practice exam conditions to see which works for you. Good luck!
I’ll def try this. Thanks!

Cherryy9

HSC
are they asking for specific poems to be written? During HSC, I had an essay on 2 poems but I knew the main ideas, themes and little quotes from the others. What are they asking you to do?

Cherryy9

HSC
Oh, can the q include directly any poems? I think it’s best to pick 2 (maybe 3) poems and do your essay but know others incase they give you an extract or ask for a specific poem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)