Module B - King Lear (1 Viewer)

keepin_sanity

Originally posted by Lundy
It would have been ok if I had had enough time to actually give a decent response. Mine was all over the place
Originally posted by lemonade
the question was good, and i probably did as well as i could..
wish id studied more in the past three weeks though :(

my answer was pretty badly structured though.. they need to give us more time!

More time definately!!!! It was a good question but I left Lear till last because it's my weakest module and I didn't get to finish it...mentioned two productions and their interpretations, started the third and they said "pens down". Felt like i was a bit all over the place too but hopefully it makes sense.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I didn't mention much about the language... pfft oh well there is so much you can know about King Lear. Thanks to my readings I managed to have a good arguement. No thanks to my teacher who I said i didn't have to know them... luckily i went with my gut instinct.

Hawkeye

I was surprised with it. I though i was going to be hammered, since the critical study has always been my weak spot. Im surprised about how general the questions have been the last week.:D

arls

that question was the bomb!!! i wrote the best lear essay i had ever done, and more! trials my essay structure was up shitcreek, but ideas were good... this time ideas were the same, essay structure was perfect- thanks to a brill question and a bit of prac:)

im a happy chappy!

Leanne

HSC
hmm.. i didnt do that well with this part.....got a bit confused as to how to arrange the information memorised so that i actually answered the question..........hopefully i passed,,, but i did only have 30 mins for it so......meh!!!!
its done!

kebab

I was so fucken stoked about that question. I found out a week ago that Cordelia dies, I didnt know... I spent yr 12 english playing snake on my phone. So i crammed some shit in lasst week and that question allowed for me to speak about all this shit that I pulled out of my ass. I even referred to 3 productions, and a few readings and shit. It was a mad question

Jacks

HSC
hehe I'm glad it worked out for you...I used Nahum Tate's and Peter Brook's production...it worked so well with the question. Those of you who don't think you went all that well in this section don't stress because from what I can gather some went well in some sections and not so well in others...like me and my clueless/emma essay...so it should balance out hopefully

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by raekwon
did we have to talk about specific scenes in this question?
I thought you did, but I don't think it was a major priority.

As for the exam, I thought it was the hardest question of the lot, but now that I read some responses, I guess I am relieved that they didn't specify particular readings. When I first read the question, my immediate reaction was "Bugger, I have to write a debate," but thankfully I reread it and realised what they were asking.

Now that I think about it though, I think I forgot to talk about language and form.. :(

[WILL_wang]

man i was pretty worried abt lear as well,

i left 32minz 2 do it...but turned out i wrote most for dat...so extremely pleased~
=)

Dangar

Mine was all over the place, cos I'd memorised two different interpretations and their staging and everything but I thought the question was heaps more general and was calling for more readings to be mentioned to show how each different society will have a separate interpretation. So I just briefly mentioned lots of readings but didn't really go into to detail but since I hadn't practiced an essay structured like that it threw me. I'm just happy I remembered Tates name!

Jessica_M

what an awesome question..i was worried the most about King Lear but it was a very general question..i loved it.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I was really relieved when I saw the question, it could have been so much more specific. I didnt speak enough about the language and form though :(

The only thing that scares me is that whenever I think : I did ok, it wasnt to bad I always do really shit cos i didnt understand it enough to see the hardness of it!!!And when I think it was hard I did ok!!!If that makes any sense

Jacks

HSC
I start stressing over the same thing, especially when other people start talking about how complex it was...but I think I did ok because I talked about form and language, granted I could have probably said more but I think I said what I had to and some is better than none at all

Last edited:

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
King Lear gives me the shits all year
im glad i hardly studied for this, i dont think it would have helped me much.

like most of you im happy the question was pretty easy compared to what it could have been (2001 - the order/chaos bs..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)