HSC
We have finished oue English exams!!!
What about this?

How did u like it? :uhhuh:

ressul

Mr
HSC
I did another one

I did the first one. It looks much easier!
I worte a letter to that editor by talking about the HSC courses.
The one you did looks much harder. because you can only talk about English.

stears

Space Monkey
HSC
ressul said:
Do we have to write it in letter form?? :confused:

whenever2gether

HSC
wuT!

i did the second one !

the English for study

why report man!

i neva done report

hey ppl wats report like

anyway i tried my best to make it sound appropriate

er..... how did us go?

davidspy

anyone knows the format of a report? i wrote the heading REPORT and then did the same as normal essays

LSP

HSC
ressul said:
first one ask you to write a feature article..

LSP

HSC
davidspy said:
anyone knows the format of a report? i wrote the heading REPORT and then did the same as normal essays
I dont really know how to write a report, cuz i wasnt expecting to have it...
although i look it up on da net this morning..

like heading, precise summary, and explaining what each point is about ur report, conclusion and maybe recommendation.. i think

LSP

HSC
ressul said:
we cant choose can we????

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Report is usally formal, with headings and sub-heading to allow reader to follow the flow of argument. Some reports include pictures and graphs where appropriate.
Points can be made using dot point form.

ressul

Mr
HSC
Why?

Why cannot we choose? We can choose one of these two.
For some reasons, like the school doesn't teach you for the section, you may say you cannot choose.
Anyway, though my school doesn't teach me the section I wrote, I did it as well. Because I think it is easy.
Easier for you to write, easier to get high mark.
I think so.
Also, the question asks you to write a "feature article", the form of a letter is the feature of this section, I think. So I did so.
In my review book. It says if you write a letter to an editor, you don't need to put your address, just do the thing with the begining like:"Dear editor"
That's only my own opinion.

davidspy

ressul said:
Why cannot we choose? We can choose one of these two.
For some reasons, like the school doesn't teach you for the section, you may say you cannot choose.
Anyway, though my school doesn't teach me the section I wrote, I did it as well. Because I think it is easy.
Easier for you to write, easier to get high mark.
I think so.
Also, the question asks you to write a "feature article", the form of a letter is the feature of this section, I think. So I did so.
In my review book. It says if you write a letter to an editor, you don't need to put your address, just do the thing with the begining like:"Dear editor"
That's only my own opinion.
do u know what's involved in Working and Living in a community? i've got totally no idea what it's talking about

ressul

Mr
HSC
Only my opinion.

davidspy said:
do u know what's involved in Working and Living in a community? i've got totally no idea what it's talking about
When I do the first section, the first thing I considered is about its form. I still cannot 100% say a letter is the form for it. Because this is also the question the question wants you to think about.<It says the feature article>. But I think letter form should be the most suitable one.
The content, you can write whatever you want to write, it is important to include the request asked.(Like include talking about the function and benefit of this section in ESL, etc)
That's my thinking.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Just to clarify something. You may choose ANY questions out of English for Study OR Living and working in the community as your answer. The Board of Studies doesn't give specific instructions as to what you have to choose to write about the question that you did in school. Likewise with ANY other elective questions. If you did the film as your prescribed text, it doesn't mean you have to do that question. You could choose to do the poems, however, how much you know about the poems? Similarly, how much do you know about the what the other modules require in order to answer it with flair and sophistication required by the markers? But above all, how much do you know the modules you haven't studied?

lovelydebisme

HSC
N/A
Questions!

I have done the 2nd one, which is about English for study. I have asked my teacher, he said that the format of the report is just like, subheadings, bullet points, summary, and so on. However, i did just like a normal essay... :vcross:
But there is another worry. What did you guys write for the content? I wrote about the study skills, such as time management, exam techniques, research techniques, and so on. But i heard that we still need to talk about the texts that we have learned for this yr, and somethings like purpose, techniques, as well. Do you have to talk about that???
Quite worry about that now..................

ressul

Mr
HSC
What?

"But i heard that we still need to talk about the texts that we have learned for this yr, and somethings like purpose, techniques, as well."

I don't think so!!!

choc-chip

HSC
god damn it......

i wish i did the report one..
i chose the 1st one, but i wasn't written in the feature article format...i wrote it as a letter to the editor? am i dying?

whenever2gether

HSC
wat wat!

i don't think so either

i did wat you said

i put a heading ... which seems to becorrect

and intro paragraph

then a paragraph for each section of study skills

like.. time management, stressmanagement, essay wrting and so on

and the conclusion

i didnt use any dot points or sub headings or pictures though

which worries me now

i used first person pronoun coz it asked 'you' in the question

is that ok

ressul

Mr
HSC
You will be fine

choc-chip said:
i wish i did the report one..
i chose the 1st one, but i wasn't written in the feature article format...i wrote it as a letter to the editor? am i dying?
No, you are fine.

rckl

HSC
whenever2gether said:
i don't think so either

i did wat you said

i put a heading ... which seems to becorrect

and intro paragraph

then a paragraph for each section of study skills

like.. time management, stressmanagement, essay wrting and so on

and the conclusion

i didnt use any dot points or sub headings or pictures though

which worries me now

i used first person pronoun coz it asked 'you' in the question

is that ok
Essay writing????

By the way, the question is asking to write an article on the ESL :Living and Working in the Community

LSP

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Just to clarify something. You may choose ANY questions out of English for Study OR Living and working in the community as your answer. The Board of Studies doesn't give specific instructions as to what you have to choose to write about the question that you did in school. Likewise with ANY other elective questions. If you did the film as your prescribed text, it doesn't mean you have to do that question. You could choose to do the poems, however, how much you know about the poems? Similarly, how much do you know about the what the other modules require in order to answer it with flair and sophistication required by the markers? But above all, how much do you know the modules you haven't studied?
yeah, ur rite. but teacher head in somesort of form saying this school did this for their prescribed text e.g. film for us. But anyway, i suppose we can choose whatever, the marker will not check each paper and say "This candidate did not answer the correct part!"

that silly eh..? so u could answer any question but how much do you know about it?

I thought some ppl did two electives..anyway its clearer now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)