Module B The tragedy of King Lear (1 Viewer)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
i don't agree, every question on king lear you have to talk about interpretations. i used it to back up that the timeless aspects of king lear allow it to be interpreted in different ways and as a result it can still be used today as a critical study.
even if it isn't implicitly said you still have to mention productions as that is what the whole module is about.
Thank god.

The way it was worded just seemed as though it was about the original text.

I mentioned that it had universal themes.. didn't specify them though haha

cataleptic

HSC
alissa_xoxo said:
And yeah, the other thing was content.
I focused mostly on that and language, when necesary. I think I mentioned construction once. But that's a little harder to talk lengthily on.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i wrote 12 pages and was so happy that i could really talk about the whole play.

brilliant question, they'll get a lot of different kinds of answers

i talked about two productions and many of the differences. basically formed a personal response and then backed it up

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
fuck that question was so shit. I wrote a whole booklet but it was fkn shit to ask us about that cos most of the time we look at productions and readings.. not about reference to language n shit.

gorgo31

HSC
Incredibly ambiguous question. Anyone who thinks you needn't need to focus on interpretations and productions is very wrong, check the rubric. It states you needed to evaluate how the text had been received in different contexts, eg. use critics and productions and show how they were influenced by context.

That was the crux of my argument; that King Lear is worthwile for continued study because history has shown its universal themes can be constantly revised and reinterpreted. I don't know if this is what the question was asking, but I have a very good feeling the markers will be accepting a lot of diversity in the responses, for the second year in a row.

rama_v

HSC
I wrote about the themes and interpretations of Kign Lear, and the construction of the text with its plt oand parallel sub-plot that increase its textual integrity, but i had a harder time talking about language and linking to the question. Basically that revolved around "while the language is archaic and hard ot udnerstand its still interesting and adds to the appela of the play, and can be studied although productions like Queen Lere remove the Fool because of the difficulty and metaphoircal nature of his lines.."

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
yeah well I did mine like: quote, meaning, how it is done in productions and how it emphasises different productions interpretations and how it supports mine.

still hated the question tho. too ambiguous maybe.

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
i hated this question... deffinitely my least favourite of the three
we learnt mainly different productions and interpretations of the play which i thought had little reference to the question so i just wrote some crap about my opinion and backed it up with the use of other productions and critics... dont think i really answered the question though
my teacher said as long as u wrote everything u no on the topic u will get at least band 4 aahhh

sarahlouiseir

HSC
LexxY said:
fuck that question was so shit. I wrote a whole booklet but it was fkn shit to ask us about that cos most of the time we look at productions and readings.. not about reference to language n shit.
oh i know wat u mean...im soo upset that i didnt study the text more closely....
teachers kinda pushed that it was more important to know the productions and a scene/character....hmmm...im dissapointed with myself....

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeg

shit

hey i was wondering i did king lear and i didnt have a clue wat to talk about...were we supposed to write a personal evaluation and say y the text should b included. or were sposed to do a critical evaluation of the language merit ets, cos id dint have a clue and i kinda just merged the two to together, ill b lucky to get 10 i think. help???

HSC
but... it's not like the productions change the lines or anything (kinda... not hugely anyway..), so as long as you were backing up your "personal interpretation" or whatever its called, its fine. and your personal interpretation IS a reading, so you have to refer to readings. and if you can do a scene well to support your reading, then that shows that you know the text, so they can't mark you down for focussing on it.

But i did it so the person who argued against mine had used a christian reading, and i had nihilistic.. in 35 minutes. so don't take my word...
(wow this was long..)

mcs

HSC
Yeh I thought it wasnt too bad- but damn hard to write all that in a 40 minute essay like critically analyse it as well as look at context- it was the worst of the questions I thought!!

NO MORE ENGLISH!!! Wohoo!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
King lear was the worst question I thought however I was heaps happy that it was an esasy!

cimbom

HSC
i just stuck to my different interpretations/ representations of the play... so domestic v marxist/ environmentalist, richard eyre + mcfarland, Kozinitsev+Brooke+Stampfer+Shurbanov. Then how those productions and readings demonstrate the text's ability to be reinterpreted... its key thematic values, construct, content... and those other things in the question.

... i don't like talking about this crap now that it's over.

i can't believe all three were essays!

Shanan

Lumen Ex Tenebris
HSC
actually, interpretations arn't what the syllabus is all about. Read it. It specifically says that you need to do a "close study of texts... through analysing its construction, content and language" sound familliar??? not that it matters

SmileyCam

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Construction, language and... yeah, something else.

I hope a whole bunch of kids went in there with all productions memorised and fail because they know nothing about the original text.
Well, I supported my essay, with the productions, saying that it explored a multitude of universal themes and that will make it worthy of future critical study. It was still the generic productions question, I thought

b-rex

HSC
conversation

kaodorite said:
did everyone do it as an essay....I did mine as a conversation. :(
i spent all of the reading time... yes a whole 5 minutes going.. shit.. is that meant to be a conversation.. because it meantioned a second person
i did an essay in the end.. but it was damn annoying having th spend the whole time worrying about i was doing it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)