Module C: Caesar Discussion (1 Viewer)

IR

HSC
I argued it saying that conflicting perspectives are first established through the use of power --> then it is shifted towards the other perspective through the manipulation of form and language techniques to develop the 'truth' of the situation.

thoughts?
Is that valid? I did the same thing but it doesnt sound right. And that the perceptions of audience are shaped with the manipulative (power) aspect rather than the truth because truth is subjective to perceptions.

joelferns27

HSC
N/A
y'all all phuckin dumb! power obviously relates to invisibility, healing, water breathing, night vision, x-ray vision, flying etc...

alekovic

HSC
i just hope bos is flexible with 'power' because everyone seems to have interpreted it in a different way. I thought it was the authorial power of the composers to portray events/personalities in certain ways in order to serve contextual purposes etc
Yeah, that's what I did too.

And I think the general sentiment coming from the marking centre over the years suggests to me that they will appreciate coherent and well supported responses of this nature, especially considering most of the state tend to neglect the heart of the module (which is representation), and simply focus on conflicting perspectives within the world of a text (I can't begin to imagine the number of students who crammed in funeral oration quotes for this essay).

I feel they deliberately included the word 'power' to discriminate between candidates, like they did last year with the word 'manipulate'

demonstrating an understanding of the composer’s deliberate manipulation, rather than characters who manipulate other characters or situations within the text

And from further back

In weaker responses, candidates relied on a few scenes from the play to describe the conflict between characters, such as the clash between Caesar and Brutus, or simply looked at the funeral oration and the rhetorical techniques. The heart of this module’s rubric representation was not a consideration. As the scenes were described, a list of language techniques were presented without an analysis of the meaning conveyed.

- However, in saying that, a well articulated thesis can obviously attract high marks for any valid interpretation of the question.

IR

HSC
Lel, I completely argued against the question. "Function of truth rather than power". I argued how power could simply present biased perspectives and I also spoke about ambition and stuff. I can't remember what I wrote about the Truth part, but I really enjoyed righting my mod c essay. Overall great question, and no surprises this year for English!
English in itself was the biggest surprise to humanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)