Module C - Elective 3: Into the World (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
You have been invited to give a presentation to a youth forum on different pathways into the world.

What do the texts you have studied have to say about new experinces which lead to growth and change?

Deliver your findings by refering to your prescribed text, and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

Last edited:

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i did educating rita... is this the first year it was a text??

the speech (presentation) was ok i thought. easy to write for... mayb a little hard to talk about growth and change with techniques to a forum. but i think i managed!!

a mate did the wrong section here. couldnt figure it out and did something else! oo such a fool!

rumour

HSC
I think it was the first year they had "Into the World" as an elective!!!!

EDIT:
My worst section :(
I only had one related, so I had to make another one up on the spot & I only did four pages & not one mention of a technique!!!!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
rumour said:
I think it was the first year they had "Into the World" as an elective!!!!

EDIT:
My worst section :(
I only had one related, so I had to make another one up on the spot & I only did four pages & not one mention of a technique!!!!
oh into the world over all.. so the will mark us easy cause it was the first year!?!?

had two related prepared but didnt get into much detail with them. used the movie Cold Mountain and the web site Job Juice . thought they were ok, but not enough analyise on them

rumour

HSC
Hopefully they will :)

I did Billy Elliot, so I did Bend it Like Beckham as a related, but I didn't analyse it :(

& made up an article I "found" :p in Woman's Day about some guy who was sick & had a transplant, so now he can do what he has always wanted to do............... play basketball!!!

euphoric

HSC
i did 'The Simple Gift'
i thought the question was alrights!! better then module A!!
i had to think of an extra related text on the spot as well.. did walk to remember.. couldnt think of any film techniques so i didnt mention any..
is physical appearance a film technique?

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
rumour said:
Hopefully they will :)

I did Billy Elliot, so I did Bend it Like Beckham as a related, but I didn't analyse it :(

& made up an article I "found" :p in Woman's Day about some guy who was sick & had a transplant, so now he can do what he has always wanted to do............... play basketball!!!
HA, made up. but they will never no, unless there looking now!!!

heaps of people would be doing beckham i think. i wanted to steer clear of it. too common

x__babygurl

Billy Elliot

i did Billy Elliot for MOD C, but i am not sure if i did it in the correct text form..did any of ya write a speech for the youth forum? or did you guys write a website forum???
please can someone tell me what i was suppose to write!!!><||

babygurl*
xoxo

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was trying to sound all 'youth worker'..."Ok guys" "It's top stuff"....oh god i hate rita.

danno

rita was really really bad. i didnt know whether to do a speech or essay :(

and i only wrote like 2 pages on rita and then 1 each on the related texts. i think i stuffed this one up.

kid2220

educating seniorita

danno said:
rita was really really bad. i didnt know whether to do a speech or essay :(

and i only wrote like 2 pages on rita and then 1 each on the related texts. i think i stuffed this one up.

ohh man.. dont worry.. i recognised it was a speech since it was "deliver" so that was the hint there. I did rita as well.. n shes a bitch. I used pygmalion (My fair lady) and good will hunting as my related text. I had no idea though on techniques within these 2 texts.. so i blabbed on about nothing for 40 minutes.. along side with rita. Jst a question tho... this was the only section tht had a set instruction to write something other then a speech right? Like i wrote essays for the other 2 parts. hehehe..

Catch ya later.. peace :D

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
there was:

an essay
argument (pretty much an essay)
speech

i was trying to slyly add techniques in my speech. it sounded so corny but it might have been what they were after... hopefully well see a sample answer come out

im glad to see rita gone.. and if i ever catch up with frank in the street look out!!

fergotten

HSC
disco_dave said:
i did educating rita... is this the first year it was a text??
its probably the first year it was studied as a text for 'Into the World'.. but i know that the class of '99 studied Educating Rita as well.. so i dont think we get much of an advantage =\

Managore

HSC
<quote>its probably the first year it was studied as a text for 'Into the World'</quote>

This is the first year we've done this concept..

I went fairly well, it was the module I studied most for. Thanks to ModestBabe and Sped for their notes, which were VERY helpful in identifying language techniques and particular scenes (eg the metaphorical dancing scene, and the use of dull lighting). I think I went fairly well. To make it "speechish" I said "good afternoon ladies and gentlemen" and concluded with "Thankyou", with 3 seconds left on the clock. Mine was practically an essay, asside from those 2 things

rumour

HSC
Iron woman said:
I was trying to sound all 'youth worker'..."Ok guys" "It's top stuff"....oh god i hate rita.
Mine was a essay pretty much!!!

I did the same style & structure in all 3 parts!!

hipnotize

I did Educating Rita. Damn.
Why they ask for 2related materials....
I used pretty women and this autobigraphical account of this chick as me related material.
Only wrote 7pges :( .. whereas for A n B i finished the booklet.
oh wells its ova

kierenjayde

HSC
hey can any of you actually give me ur notes or the actuall speech.....?
i need them ASAP....
thanx heaps
xxx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)