Module C reflection! (1 Viewer)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
For the Mod C reflection, do I need to quote from my prescribed texts? My school emphasises that this is not needed, however. But for the HSC, do they value quoting from the prescribed text in addition to our own composition? Thanks!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. Quoting is not necessary. However if you want to be extra precise in the reflection, sure, go ahead and quote. As for quoting within your composition. Just remember that mod c is not about replicating the composers piece. It’s supposed to be about you mimicking techniques and styles used.

Last edited:

chaevely_park

HSC
Even though nothing is compulsory, I think that you should be definitely quoting from the prescribed texts you are referencing - the quotes don't have to be long! I think by quoting, it's easier to show the direct adoption of a certain technique into your work - e.g. the motif of water in Nam Le's Love and Honour --> motif of ocean imagery in your own. When you are quoting from the prescribed text, you must also quote from your own piece of writing to show how you have adapted the technique !! Hope this helps ;)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Nope. Quoting is not necessary. However if you want to be extra precise in the reflection, sure, go ahead and quote. As for quoting within your composition. Just remember that mod c is not about replicating the composers piece. It’s supposed to be about you mimicking techniques and styles used.
oh ok thanks - guess might quote from the prescribed text in addition my own ones if I have time to spare (most likely not since this is the last Mod I will write lol)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Even though nothing is compulsory, I think that you should be definitely quoting from the prescribed texts you are referencing - the quotes don't have to be long! I think by quoting, it's easier to show the direct adoption of a certain technique into your work - e.g. the motif of water in Nam Le's Love and Honour --> motif of ocean imagery in your own. When you are quoting from the prescribed text, you must also quote from your own piece of writing to show how you have adapted the technique !! Hope this helps ;)
fair enough - its good if you wanna show that you truly did try to craft ig.... Might do it if I have time in the HSC to spare. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)