Modules Adv... memorising essays, winging or in between? (1 Viewer)

Sam(uel)

HSC
Yeah, bunch of people got pwned for just writing generic Lear essays in the trials.. I don't see how people could think it would be suffice D: Does make me nervous though, not having a generic and having not revised it since the trials :x

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
In between?
I'll memorise quotes, themes, related materials, scenes, characterisation etc.
But however I put it together will be however I put it together on the day.
Yeah same- I figure if you do enough past papers the same stuff will keep cropping up- so I guess that will help

HSC
Sam(uel) said:
Yeah, bunch of people got pwned for just writing generic Lear essays in the trials.. I don't see how people could think it would be suffice D: Does make me nervous though, not having a generic and having not revised it since the trials :x
at our school we've always been told what the question was going to be. when we did trials they told us it would be themes for KL. so basically the HSC is the first time my classmates and i will not know the questions, lol. just do heaps of quotes (with techniques) on themes and characters etc, i reckon, and it'll be fine. but yeah, this is pretty much gonna be the first time i don't have something prepared...

Sam(uel)

HSC
Wow. That must suck a bit, teacher didn't prepare you very well D:
A month before our half-yearlies started my teacher made us do 9 King Lear essays for practice. 6 written at home and 3 in class. Got over it like wow

B

bekmay

Sam(uel) said:
Wow. That must suck a bit, teacher didn't prepare you very well D:
A month before our half-yearlies started my teacher made us do 9 King Lear essays for practice. 6 written at home and 3 in class. Got over it like wow
you're teacher sounds like mine! except we have had to do like 5 on every module plus the sections of the journey. all in class and then hand in what we thought we shit. LOL. would have been very effective if people actually did it.

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
memorising but not a whole essay.
Focusing on quotes techniques and effect.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
35173 said:
Yeah same- I figure if you do enough past papers the same stuff will keep cropping up- so I guess that will help
true...
but i'm not bothered doing past papers.

Sam(uel)

HSC
bekmay said:
you're teacher sounds like mine! except we have had to do like 5 on every module plus the sections of the journey. all in class and then hand in what we thought we shit. LOL. would have been very effective if people actually did it.
God. You truly earn my sympathy. (If you -did- do it lulz)

wil123

HSC
Do you guys think all 3 sections in Paper 2 will be essays?
God i hope so..But if not, what other text types can they ask?

Azreil

HSC
wil123 said:
Do you guys think all 3 sections in Paper 2 will be essays?
God i hope so..But if not, what other text types can they ask?
Speech, debate, interview, conversation, diary entries, letters...

It's not hard they're easily recognisable text types. Adapt your style to the style asked for and you'll be fine. And generally, everyone's thrown (a bit) by odd text types, so everyone will be lower... with moderation, it all ends up the same.

Hooray for the long and convoluted HSC marking process. :]

danz90

HSC
lol well im not memorisng word for word.. but ive memorised which langauge techniques/effect go with a particular quote. and then i still have a set structure. you guys are all including this in each body paragraph, right (other than topic sentence):

-context
-quote/reference
-language and then its effect
-directorial representation
-textual integrity
-audience response

boony3

HSC
just learn it word for word then when its time to write you dont think, you just write and write and write, but it is kinda hard to remember 3 essays but thats the only way i can do it!

BlueGiraffe

HSC
I'm learning my essays as best as I can, but also some extra themes and techniques so I can replace a paragraph here or there. I'm worried they will stipulate a poem for Gwen Harwood... Coz there is so much content to remember. Also seriously concerned about the time issue. How do people write 10 pages and think at the same time? Anyway... to study!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
BlueGiraffe said:
I'm learning my essays as best as I can, but also some extra themes and techniques so I can replace a paragraph here or there. I'm worried they will stipulate a poem for Gwen Harwood... Coz there is so much content to remember. Also seriously concerned about the time issue. How do people write 10 pages and think at the same time? Anyway... to study!
Same. I'm learning an additional poem cos past years have tended to focus on specific themes, whether it's the treatment of age and youth or intense emotions. Damn you Module B!

laa.musique

Executive Member
HSC
memorising examples/quotes under each theme. ahh hell!

eddy11

HSC
in between, im winging the structure, thesis, and conclusions as these depend on the question, i find if i memorise a generic essay i don't readapt it well, it worked for me in the trials. ive basically got all my quotes and techniques stored in long term memory from trials and now im just memorising good lines. All study from here on in is just going over my notes, im not changing anything or else i may panic

sjay91

HSC
Fellas and Bellas,
What is the possibility that we get one less text to analyse than we have to
Eg Powerplay with only ONE related text..

JamesTockuss

HSC
I admire people who can make essays up on the spot, but the only way for me to go is through adapting a generic response lol.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
sjay91 said:
Fellas and Bellas,
What is the possibility that we get one less text to analyse than we have to
Eg Powerplay with only ONE related text..
not sure hey.
last year was only one for powerplay but before that for ages it was two.
i don't really mind either way, i only have my second text because it might ask for two but i can just as easily scrap it because i know more about my other add text anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)