Moisturisers! What do you use? Does it work? (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
grk_styl said:
Although I know people who swear by Sorbplene cream.
people who swear by sorbo must have really dry skin. the stuff's really thick...i think it'd clog most people's pores way too easily.

i use the olay moisturiser (the pink one)..it's pretty good. my skin's normal to oily

HSC
N/A
Random note - I had a mini consultation thing at a Clinique counter today, and the nice Clinique consultant gave me testers of the three-step thingo. :) Will update with results in near future!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have sensitive skin, and i use cetaphil moisturiser during the day time and jurlique repair serum during the night time.

i think, glitterfairy, that you probably need a plain moisturiser like cetaphil or QV combined with a weekly moisturising masque, like jurlique or clarins.

a lot of people find that weekly masques help their skin, no matter what the problem is. when i used to have problem skin at about 13 my aunt gave me jurlique lavender mud masques, and my skin cleared up without drugs.

also, i keep saying it, but it is true. the more gentle the product the better for you it is in the long run. just because something is expensive, doesnt mean it will solve your skin issues...

HSC
N/A
Hmm! *contemplates* My mum used to tell me (back when she still bothered with skinare) to have a masque once a week.

Have gone back to my very plain olay moisturiser for now - there's no active ingredient in there that I know of, and it's fragrance free/allergy tested etc.

Here's another moisturiser-related question though:

I hear from some people that one should moisturise the ENTIRE face and neck. Other people say that you should only use moisturiser on dry areas, as the oily areas really don't need it. What's the deal with this sort of story, and does it depend on the heaviness/lightness of the moisturiser you're using?

Emly

E.T
HSC
ive been using the clinique 3 step thing for about 2 years now..
tried using other moisturisers, but cant.

HSC
N/A
I like the clinique moisturiser very much :)

The only things I have problems with so far is the cleanser and the toner. The cleanser smells like soap - and I've grown up believing that soap is bad for your skin, no matter what form it's in. Also, the toner is... really strong? I've never had a reaction to it but the "tingly" feeling is a heck of a lot stronger than any other toner i've tried before. Might take some getting used to...?

Q: Has anyone ever used Artistry skincare products?

Jess-a_belle

HSC
i have used clearasil, pure zone, garnier ones designed for teen skin. they are all shit on my skin.

i find that only johnsons in the white tub, dove tinted moisturiser and this baby rash cream from priceline are good for me. the baby rash one is YES meant for nappy rash, lol, but its antiseptic and clears up any small pimples i have. and its only like $4. bargain! lol

CieL

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I find that I have to be really careful about only putting a little on because most of it isn't absorbed into my skin properly, or only sinks in to just under the skin's surface - because the following morning, I can usually wash it off with a light splash of water. And I don't cake on my moisturiser. My skin isn't dry at all... but the fact that there's still an excess of moisturiser (or something like that) the following morning doesn't sound good to me.

So I figure - this isn't the right moisturiser for me!

What do you use?

EDIT: Oops, should probably mention I have normal/dry/combination skin. Leaning more towards normal/dry as hormones settle down, though.
do you cleanse your skin before you put moisturiser on?

either the olay one (which ive never used) is bad, or you've got a layer of oil on your skin which may prevent the moisturiser from seeping into the skin

i've hardly got any oil on my face and i use Estee Lauder DayWear Plus (the green one lol) for normal/combination skin.. it's the only one which my skin will accept.. if i use anything else, i usually get irritated skin.. it soaks in like a charm and since i've started using it.. err, 2-3yrs.. only get the occassional pimple

CieL

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Here's another moisturiser-related question though:

I hear from some people that one should moisturise the ENTIRE face and neck. Other people say that you should only use moisturiser on dry areas, as the oily areas really don't need it. What's the deal with this sort of story, and does it depend on the heaviness/lightness of the moisturiser you're using?
well, it basically depends on what your moisturiser does

i mean, you dont want to use a Whitening moisturiser and then apply it on some parts of your face.. and those actually do whiten.. prolly giving u patchy skin

if it's more of an oil based moisturiser.. yes, dry parts will do.. otherwise you'd end up with a truckload of pimples on the T-zone

i'm not sure if it's just me, but i used to only apply moisturiser to my face.. and i sorta realised my face is a lighter tone to my neck.. that's because my DayWear Plus has SPF15.. then i'm like WTF *applies on neck as well*

so yeh lol hope that helps!

CieL

HSC
miss_gtr said:
I have EXTREMELY DRY SKIN.. And recently i started using ROSEHIP OIL.. so now I put that on first then a layer of palmers eventone skin cream. Works a treat... my face is now leaning on normal.
whoa.. rosehip oil on your face?

i've tried that on sections of my body.. and i found that it left an orangy/pinkish stain..

kinda stood out cos i have really really pale skin

Undertoad

HSC
I use a moisturiser made by Perfect Potion. They have a store at bondi junction and its great.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i've just started using 'imperialis' moisturiser from lush. it smells pretty. but i think it's a little too rich. makes ur face go shiny. and thats never happened to me before with facial moisturiser. i like the body shop vitamin e range better. much lighter.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
lush's gorgeous =) but hella expensive ~_~

lol wrote wrong one ><

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
body shop is such a rip in australia

i bought the body butter for like, $24 or something..

and then i go to HK and find out it's like.. just over au$10 n i'm like @#$#%#$^

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i got this peach flavoured exfoliant masque for xmas, i put in on last night. it was the best thing ever, really. i have decided that peach is awesome. you all need peach body products!

ediisjoz

HSC
I've been using happyderm by L'oreal... it's nice makes your skin soft.. except sorbolene is the way to go if you get dry skin.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ediisjoz said:
I've been using happyderm by L'oreal... it's nice makes your skin soft.. except sorbolene is the way to go if you get dry skin.

that happyderm was on the news awhile back, a whole bunch of chicks who used it came out with really severe reactions to it

ediisjoz

HSC
i didnt know that.. its not that bad... but i dun use it much anymore.. plus its like $14.. sorbolene is good.. and yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)