Molar Heat of Combustion (1 Viewer)

nimrod_dookie

Tryhard Geek
HSC
I don't whether this is the right section as I'm in SA doing the SACE and our general headings are quite vague. We don't have any access to forums like these (God! We are so backwards here!). So any help would be appreciated immensely.:)

When 3 g of the rocket-fuel dimethyl-hydrazine (C2N2H8) is burned in a caloriometer containing 5.00kg of water the temp rises from 17.8 degrees to 22.0 degrees celcius, If the heat capacity of the caloriometer was 105 Joules per degree Celcius, calculate the molar heat of combustion of the rocket fuel. Specific heat of water is 4.18 Joules per degree celcius.:ninja:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Use ∆H=-mc∆T for finding the molar heat of combustion of the fuel, where m is the mass of the fuel (grams), c is the heat capacity of the object or liquid being heated and ∆T is the change in temperature.
Then I think you need to find the heat absorbed as energy by the calorimeter and add the ∆H of this to the ∆H of the fuel. Hope that helps.

hamzie

HSC
johno03 said:
so yer us triangle H=MCtriangleT yer cool so u actually think that will be all that will help[ u ur fucked all ready shit face loser fuck cunter dick head
From Illawong ay

lol
hahahahahahahahahahaha

OK MR. ILLAWONG COOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)