Monitor blanking out ? (1 Viewer)

lexie85

HSC
Guys my monitor just randomly goes black and turns off. It takes ages to get it working again, i have to switch off cpu at the power and then take out wires, fiddle around, turn cpu back on and it still wont work and do the whole thing again, any suggestions ??

jirwin

HSC
buy a new one? sorry no idea. my laptop monitor goes a different colour and i have to restart my laptop because i cant do anything else. i know my laptop itself is still working because i still here msn messages coming through

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Mr. blank needs a blank in order to blank his blank.

But seriously, is the cord just coming undone? I mean, does the monitor still have power? Those little screws are in the connector for a reason.

lexie85

HSC
yep the power cords fine because i'll be using it, not moving anything near the cords and it just goes dead. AND then even after i check the cords still wont turn on

prob gonna have to check out the warranty....too much stuff saved on the memory wouldnt affect the monitor or could it ?

Partisan

HSC
N/A
I have the same problem.

Upon switching on the power, notice the amount of video memory you have.
If you have e.g. 003MB Video RAM available, prepare for numerous blackouts.

You have serious problems with the graphics card driver and/or graphics card.
I switched to Window's default drivers (with a shitty 60Hz refresh rate) and the blackouts never happen.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
lexie85 said:
Guys my monitor just randomly goes black and turns off. It takes ages to get it working again, i have to switch off cpu at the power and then take out wires, fiddle around, turn cpu back on and it still wont work and do the whole thing again, any suggestions ??
Easiest way to know the problem is to test ur monitor on another pc and test your pc with another monitor. This will make sure that its the monitor and not your video card.

lexie85

HSC
Partisan said:
I have the same problem.

Upon switching on the power, notice the amount of video memory you have.
If you have e.g. 003MB Video RAM available, prepare for numerous blackouts.

You have serious problems with the graphics card driver and/or graphics card.
I switched to Window's default drivers (with a shitty 60Hz refresh rate) and the blackouts never happen.
hmmm how can i switch to default drivers ??

i dont have another pc to test on :(

Partisan

HSC
N/A
Use Windows's own Help facility, usually summoned by pressing F1.
Search for "Driver rollback", unless you know how to find it.

(like Control Panel > System > Click on the Hardware tab > Click on the Device Manager button > Find Display Drivers and expand the tree > Select the one that opened up like the branch > Right-click > Properties > Click on Driver tab > Click on Roll Back Driver button).

This rolls back to Windows's original drivers instead of using the manufacturer's own one or the current one.

I hate NVIDIA.

lexie85

HSC
Thanks partisan i will try that soon, what exactly will it affect though ? whats nvdia ?? sorry im very noob

so it happened twice today except the screen went black then white then off but it was fixed by just switching the whole computers power off at the wall and then on again...so random :confused:

milanista

HSC
NVIDIA's great. It's a company which makes Graphics Cards for Computers, basically the hardware which powers the visuals.

There could be many issues why this is occuring. Has the problem ever occured in the past? It could be anything from RAM, BIOS, Motherboard, Monitor or Windows Driver Issues. Essentially these are all components in your computer which could be attributed to the problems that you're experiencing. I won't explain them to you since it will seem insignificant.

I'd like to you do the following, this will make the process a lot easier and give us a fundamental understanding of your computer.

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in the Run Dialogue box, 'dxdiag'
4. Click the Graphics/Video Tab once the appropriate information has all loaded.
5. Please tell us what Graphics Card you have, It'll list the appropriate information under 'Vendor' and 'Make'. I'm assuming it will be an Intel Onboard graphics card, but just in case.

Please follow this information then I'll do my best to help you. :)
I'm saying this all off the top of my head during a study period so I hope that the procedure I've given you is correct, although I'm quite confident that it is.. hehehe.. ;)

lexie85

HSC
nah it hasnt happened before

ok i followed those steps except there was no 'graphics/vid' tab but under display its got this Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

i hope that helps? thanks anyway milanista

lexie85

HSC
Partisan said:
Use Windows's own Help facility, usually summoned by pressing F1.
Search for "Driver rollback", unless you know how to find it.

(like Control Panel > System > Click on the Hardware tab > Click on the Device Manager button > Find Display Drivers and expand the tree > Select the one that opened up like the branch > Right-click > Properties > Click on Driver tab > Click on Roll Back Driver button).

This rolls back to Windows's original drivers instead of using the manufacturer's own one or the current one.

I hate NVIDIA.
:burn::burn::burn: i tried to do this but it said there are no backup drivers/files or something similar to that !!!

lexie85

HSC
Exphate said:
It sounds rediculously like a backlight issue. What brand is your monitor? Is it LCD or one of the old school ones? How long does it take to come back on?
its a hp pavilion f1503, yeh its lcd...it never comes back on by itself, it only works if i pull out the power cord on the back of the monitor and put it back in (several attempts not just on the 1st go) or if i switch off the whole comp power source at the wall and switch it on after a minute of so and then put the cpu back on

danielbardouh

HSC
just check if ur all cords are inserted correctly and securely, then check for power saving options whihc might cause the laptop to "hibernate" when not in use, if the problem persists then buy a new monitor cord, (whichever is suited to ur monitor & computer) and if that doesnt work, test it with another monitor to see where the problem is.. if its the monitor, get a new one. if its the computer, get a new one ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)