Mono help (1 Viewer)

smile-xox

HSC
i know that in the drama forum thingy i left a thread sayinging split personalities which is still something i really want to do, i know i have left it late but i am trying and reading and watching and researching

i know alot of people would of studied 'ruby moon' and i really like the character dawn does any one know any characters like her, even if it isn't a play...

much o love

dipsy

HSC
i was just wondering whether it was better to find a peice for performance or write one urself??

lucilleM

HSC
I found it easier to write my own, alot of people say don't write your own. But as you're not getting marked on your writting skills why hold back. In alot of 1950's film girls often played a character like Dawn. I know your probley gonna be like "no they were all lovey dovey girls" but if you actually take note of the scripts they used they are all a litlle bit out there. Start your research there i recommend.
I had to do a monolouge based on a Ruby Moon character and i choose Dawn and looked at a few old movies and yea they really did influence my performance alot

kiannafirerose

HSC
i'm interested in the split personilty character as well. i'm writin my own script n my character dont know that she has split personality but figuresnit out at the end. what r u planning

smile-xox

HSC
tooo both the people who wrote above me...

1st reply
thanks sooooo much thats made me think alot more... do you have any that you could recomend?

2nd reply
i know what i want... but i can't really put it in words... i like the split of innocent and evil.. i dunno lol

has anyone out there read 'wolf lullaby'?

xox

lucilleM

HSC
smile-xox said:
tooo both the people who wrote above me...

1st reply
thanks sooooo much thats made me think alot more... do you have any that you could recomend?

2nd reply
i know what i want... but i can't really put it in words... i like the split of innocent and evil.. i dunno lol

has anyone out there read 'wolf lullaby'?

xox
First what i did was write everything i wanted to say. even if it didn't make sense. Then before i looked at possible links i researched a theatre style. I chose theatre of the absurd and it sounds like you should to. have a look at Beckett and the notion behind exisentialism.
After you've got all your idea's writen down [remember they don't have to make any sense or be any link between them yet...] brainstorm them until you find the link between what you have and what you want to say.
then put it all into a script. My first script was terrible but it gave me a basis for what i wanted to do. Eight script drafts later and I still refer to my first one.
The most important thing now is to fill your log book with research, have a theatrical statment and you create a piece that you are passionate about.
I hope i'm helping!
good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)