Monologue (1 Viewer)

MoJo0o0o

HSC
omg, im stressing out! i originally thought of doing this play by samuel beckett called happy days (which my teacher suggested) but reading over it and editing it ..it was sooo not for me...so now i bought this other book called 50 strong women pieces study guide..thinking it was monologues and something id be interested in..........it wasnt..so now im FREAKING OUT ..because my half yearly is on april the 4th and you need to show a little piece of the play.......:eek: :eek: :eek: i really need someones help...............just something i could work on...if anyone knows any monologues to do with grief and break downs..involving a female teenager....and around 6-8 minutes..then please PM or reply to this thread cause im gonna cry if i dont find something..lol

greenapple^0^

HSC
hahaha you are not alone.. i'm very fucked as well...well i;m writing mine and i am really fucked.and soon i need to show mine as well!!!!! oh god oh god~~ but just don't worry to much ~~:)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
are there many people who havent started yet? it seems like it...i started at the very beginning of year 12 and i still feel like i'll be pushed for time; how are you guys coping???

HSC
Well i havent really started yet, i only have a rough idea of the kind of character id like to play (think Simmonds from The Removalists or Stanley from Streetcar Named Desire etc). Ideally, id write my own but i dont have time to do that anymore so maybe ill work on an adaptation or something like that.

kit scara

Lyres Lair, just past the pink baloon tied to the
HSC
My drama teacher's been saying that you should just kind of start, and if it isn't what you end up doing foryou exam, it's okay, at least you've been acting, you know? So I wouldn't stress about it.

I've been writing a musical, but it doesn't have anything to do with school. I'd love to do a monologue from it, but aparently if you do something self devised your more likely to die a terrible terrible death.

Hey, any of you guys want to act or anything after you finish? Eventually I want to get a group of like ten people at the most and just travel around the room, performing musicals and plays and things that we'd write, we'd make the sets and costumes and share direction. Well, that little pipe dream's what's getting me though this year anyways.

Any guys out there I have a hell of a play for you to do a monologue from. It's called "Rhinosceros" and it's translated from French, and it's about a town being taken over by rhinosceroses/rhinosceri and it's sort of political in away, but one scene has teh guy turning into one. I reckon it would be really effective if you did it right. Kind of weird, but hey, anything that distinguishes you from the rest of us, eh?

ages2ages

HSC
yeah im havin trouble.............still havent found anything, and ive got that 2 minutes thing in a few weeks....im very stuck :( lol ill look at that rhinocerous play

HSC
"if you do something self devised your more likely to die a terrible terrible death."....wow that makes me feel a lot better....:mad1: thank you 4 that

kit scara

HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
"if you do something self devised your more likely to die a terrible terrible death."....wow that makes me feel a lot better....:mad1: thank you 4 that
I am most incredibly sorry, sweet spunkrat, I didn't mean to distress you. It's just what they tell us at our school, that monologues=death. Like, my drama class is about 30 people, and there's just two of us doing monologues because they tell us that it's the riskier option. They said that self devised is like putting your scriptwriting skills up against like Shakespeare and that. But I think self devised ones are better because they have more fluidity and heart to them. And they have to give you some kind of kudos for it.

blueyez

HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Well i havent really started yet, i only have a rough idea of the kind of character id like to play (think Simmonds from The Removalists or Stanley from Streetcar Named Desire etc). Ideally, id write my own but i dont have time to do that anymore so maybe ill work on an adaptation or something like that.
simmonds from the removalists is a great character. im gonna be that character in one of my assessments, at the end of the play where him and ross think theyve killed kenny (cant remember the exact act and lines) but i like it.

i still dont have a monologue for my hsc!!! im getting to the stage where im kinda stressing out, and i have an exam on australian theatre and brecht on thursday. i suck at writing essays.

sorry guys im just a little stressed at the moment.

by the way, anyone doing their own monologue, i admire you. i think it can really work because you know exactly how you want it acted out, and theres no risk of someone doing the exact same monologue as you.

Rinni

HSC
I'm basing mine off a book - Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King.
So it's kinda self divised but kinda not :confused: but i haven't done a lot on it yet. I've chosen the section i want to use now i just have to condense 39 pages down to 8 minutes. :)

kit scara

HSC
I would kill to just be able to do a self devised. In fact I probably will. **gets her scithe out** I'm gonna kill bill.... Shakespeare.

Ahahah random...

Hey, that sounds really funky. That is a really awesome way of doing it, adapting a novel. One of the guys who went to my school did that and it was so good that when he auditioned for uni they let him in straight away like before they knew his UAI and everything.

butterflyxx

HSC
Hey guys,

I've only just changed from promotion to performance. Now i dunno what to do cos i need a monologue FAST... yet i don't wanna just look for one that's not for me. I've looked for internet ones but they're not good. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I don't know what character i'm interested in too =\ and i'm really freaking out now.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
butterflyxx said:
Hey guys,

I've only just changed from promotion to performance. Now i dunno what to do cos i need a monologue FAST... yet i don't wanna just look for one that's not for me. I've looked for internet ones but they're not good. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I don't know what character i'm interested in too =\ and i'm really freaking out now.
change really
well i say explore differnt things lik remebr last yrs onstage
the girl on the bike
the angels in america one and that basic one htat boy did about suits start with a simple idea and explore but please dont be a clown please please please ... stops lil rant that makes no sense........

butterflyxx

HSC
vogue said:
change really
well i say explore differnt things lik remebr last yrs onstage
the girl on the bike
the angels in america one and that basic one htat boy did about suits start with a simple idea and explore but please dont be a clown please please please ... stops lil rant that makes no sense........
right kristy, i get the point lol. but i liked that jibberish clown guy! he was sooooo good!

i bought a monologue book from the performing arts bookshop and now i'm gonna pick one and devise. thanks for the help guys :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)