Morality (1 Viewer)

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A
First of all, read what that Omar-Comin kid just said.

Secondly, just because I overlook some of your nasty remarks doesn't mean I adhere to them or accept them.

Where the **** did "Morality is murder" now stem from?

You're foundation? <-- hahahahahha...Talibannn to the max man.
Err, your definition of morality is as follows "is simply right or wrong conduct".
Hence, wrong conduct (i.e Murder), would satisfy your definition of 'morality'. I realize your not the brightest, little girl, but I didn't take you for a wicked 'murder is moral' Taliban sympathizer.

@lolokay
Yea that Mirakon guy is whacked out from snorting bible spines dipped in jesus blood.
I haven't heard of Seneca, and I doubt he has anything interesting or insightful to contribute a modern understand of morality.

Sadiah

HSC
Err, your definition of morality is as follows "is simply right or wrong conduct".
Hence, wrong conduct (i.e Murder), would satisfy your definition of 'morality'. I realize your not the brightest, little girl, but I didn't take you for a wicked 'murder is moral' Taliban sympathizer.

@lolokay
Yea that Mirakon guy is whacked out from snorting bible spines dipped in jesus blood.
I haven't heard of Seneca, and I doubt he has anything interesting or insightful to contribute a modern understand of morality.
I don't need an example to satisfy my defenition.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
I don't need an example to satisfy my defenition.
Good for you hun, it's your definition, not his, not anyone's

If he, or anyone else wants to use it, fine, but its just your opinion
(
and so what if someone thinks murder is morality),

just like Stringers is entitled to his definitions, we are ENTITLED to ours.

And this does not make anyone's opinion CORRECT or INCORRECT, just OUR OWN.

And that is what truly matters, being true to ours hearts and not NECESSARILY CORRECT in any object sense, and nor do we need examples, all that matters is OUR RIGHT to have an OPINION.

Flissty

Hicksville, between a mountain and a paddock full
HSC
The pursuit of power is the only way to true happiness and pleasure.

This statement is true from my own perception of life. What embodies the 'power' is different.
Other people find solace in seeking out other religious/financial/political forms of power; my goal is to attain absolute self control.

And in the persuit is a purpose of life? I'm definitely content with experiencing and understanding more than what I did yesterday.

Sadiah

HSC
Good for you hun, it's your definition, not his, not anyone's

If he, or anyone else wants to use it, fine, but its just your opinion
(and so what if someone thinks murder is morality),

just like Stringers is entitled to his definitions, we are ENTITLED to ours.

And this does not make anyone's opinion CORRECT or INCORRECT, just OUR OWN.

And that is what truly matters, being true to ours hearts and not NECESSARILY CORRECT in any object sense, and nor do we need examples, all that matters is OUR RIGHT to have an OPINION.
Yer. Thanks for the support.:eek:

But try rubbing what you said into that idiot's face. =)

Bereie

HSC
He was taking the piss but you believe in Islamic genies so w/e.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Certainly, there may be evolutionary value in cooperation, but Morality is much broader.

Perhaps, one can claim that humans have higher morals than other animals, to a certain extent, but in actuality we may be the most immoral. Is teamwork really altruistic, or an exercise in using and manipulating others for self-interest? Are humans truly moral when one looks at the atrocities we've committed amongst ourselves and to animals and other living things.

Morality, in a sense, is too subtle and subjective to be explained simply by evolutionary process.

Some things may be moral for you, may be immoral for me vice versa. Tehre are clear differences in morals between different religions and cultures for example. How can morality therefore be a biological process, how can one claim that humans are of higher morals than animals, if morality isn't even a fixed constant amongst people?

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
Certainly, there may be evolutionary value in cooperation, but Morality is much broader.

Perhaps, one can claim that humans have higher morals than other animals, to a certain extent, but in actuality we may be the most immoral. Is teamwork really altruistic, or an exercise in using and manipulating others for self-interest? Are humans truly moral when one looks at the atrocities we've committed amongst ourselves and to animals and other living things.

Morality, in a sense, is too subtle and subjective to be explained simply by evolutionary process.

Some things may be moral for you, may be immoral for me vice versa. Tehre are clear differences in morals between different religions and cultures for example. How can morality therefore be a biological process, how can one claim that humans are of higher morals than animals, if morality isn't even a fixed constant amongst people?
More babble, please go read the links the guy posted,
oh wait? you're illiterate? Why? oh, because you were home-schooled through Hillsong?
It all adds up.

Stringer Bell

HSC
N/A

Insofar you strike me as someone who has read none of the literature on the subject of morality/evolution. Clearly you have no understanding of evolution, so stop using the term as if you do.

Name_Taken

HSC
Insofar you strike me as someone who has read none of the literature on the subject of morality/evolution. Clearly you have no understanding of evolution, so stop using the term as if you do.
Lol the fabled theory of evolution;

Name_Taken

HSC
umm, u know that cartoon is making fun of creotards, right?

...right?
Lol no it isn't...

Its applicable in a variety of situations, like I've seen it used in reference for the big bang and evolution...

Its not meant to be specific.

Theres no maths in the theory of creation, in the litteral sense, at least.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Lol no it isn't...

Its applicable in a variety of situations, like I've seen it used in reference for the big bang and evolution...

well, you do have to be able to count to 6

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
lol no it isn't...

Its applicable in a variety of situations, like i've seen it used in reference for the big bang and evolution...

lllllllllllllollllllllllllllllolololllll my rolf coppter go soisoisoisoi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)