More accomodation questions (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Kensington was kind enough to send me off a confirmation of application letter (letting me know that they got my application and are now processing it). However, the other colleges that I applied for (New, Shalom, Warrane) so far have not even done so much as this, so I'm not even sure if they received my application. This whole process is so confusing for me, am I just supposed to wait now, or should I get in touch with them myself?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Nor have I.

I am going to ring them to tell them that I got a Co-op interview so that they know (I'm meant to do that, apparently), as well as ask about my offer status in the process.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Hmm, I got a letter today from Kensington inviting me to an interview for Philip Baxter college. Interesting.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i got a phone call from shalom today...for a phone interview later in the week!

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
babygoose! said:
i got a phone call from shalom today...for a phone interview later in the week!
Why didn't they call me :( i feel shunned. lol. did you have any other contact from them before this call?

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
Dumsum said:
Why didn't they call me :( i feel shunned. lol. did you have any other contact from them before this call?

i rang them last week to confirm that they had received my application.. that was all i'd done..

raymo69

HSC
fuck i only sent mine about 2 weeks ago.. i'm probably too late

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I sent mine off 1 week ago.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
"There is no official closing date, but it is wise to apply by late November. We receive over 400 applications for approx. 80 places, and the bulk of interviews are conducted by mid-December."

raymo69

HSC
Hey DUMSUM were you a school captain or something? You must have looked pretty appealing extra-curricularly (if that's a word) what kind of stuff did you write in that "what books, plays etc have influenced you"?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
raymo69 said:
Hey DUMSUM were you a school captain or something? You must have looked pretty appealing extra-curricularly (if that's a word) what kind of stuff did you write in that "what books, plays etc have influenced you"?
It's these sections that I actually had a lot of trouble filling out, since I haven't really done much extra-cirricular stuff (cricket, golf, school stage band, guitar teacher was about it). Books and films I just wrote those I enjoyed most. I guess academically I stand out, 1st in 3 subjects at my school (maths x1, chem, phys) and 2nd in another (maths x2). I hate extracirricular stuff :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)