More Geo Help =P (1 Viewer)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Outline ONE Australian government population policy to manage population
growth.

Got this from the specimen paper. Haven't learnt this in Geography before, it's a bludge =.= Is it White Australian policy? Rofl xD

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
The White Australia Policy is probably not as suitable as something recent like the Baby Bonus to encourage people to have more babies and increase the natural birth rate.

speedo

HSC
a band 6 response would outline a more recent policy.
did is wat u shuld say:
migration leads to poulation growth. In order to limit migration, the australian government has adopted the pacific solution after the tampa incident in 2001. Any illegal arrivals will not b able to apply for australian residency. Also certain australian island territories hav been excised.

James747

HSC
We done this question in geography. As the question does not refer to any particular time period, then you can effectively say that you can talk about any policy and thus the White Austrlia Policy would be a valid response. ***This is what my teacher said.****
Apart from the White Australia Policy you can also talk about the current one where skilled migrants are preferred, or the "assisted package" thingy introduced by Arthur Calwell....etc etc

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The Pafici Solution is one answer. However, isnt there also another policy/iniatitive by the NSW government to encourage migrants to move to rural areas to stem the growth of coastal cities?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Basically what tamaranadine said, I just write about the baby bonus and superannuation.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Now i recall :p Its called the "Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)