More than one stimulus booklet text - likely? (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I don't think so, but there is a comment on the back of the front cover saying that the student could be asked to discuss AT LEAST ONE of the texts - so what do you think?

heart

sm:)e
HSC
I didn't know it said that on the back.
But I don't think they'd specify one, because what would be the point.
And not everyone's chosen texts, or prescribed texts for that matter, would relate to all the texts in the stimulus booklet.

Frenglish_Angel

No, you are never required to study more than one prescribed text, one stimulus booklet text and possibly two related texts. However, in recent years they have only asked for one related text, because it is difficult to write about four texts in 40 minutes, in a substantial manner. I spoke to my teacher and she said that the Board of Studies stated that they will never ask for more than one Stimulus Booklet text. I hope that helps.

What I do recommend though, if you still are unsure is that you have a Stimulus text that you know very well, and a backup, just in case your second text works better for the question. Just make sure that you can link both well to your area of study, i.e. Physical, Inner or Imaginative Journey.

Good luck, hope that helps.
Nessa...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Hey CB
in the syllabus it says ONE TEXT OF THE STUDENTS CHOICE
so don't worry about it :)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
So did my trial.

Also, on this forum, don't believe ANYBODY when they say "My teacher said that..." because I've read so many contradictory accounts from different people's "teachers". It is most likely that the question will say "at least ONE item from the stimulus booklet," as it's done since 2001.

HSC
fuck it im studying only one, i cant remember 5 text, my creative, plus paper 2 im not a fucking hard drive

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Casmira said:
fuck it im studying only one, i cant remember 5 text, my creative, plus paper 2 im not a fucking hard drive
Cas I need 6 texts if they specify 2 related :(

volition

arr.
HSC
yeah this is what i'll be taking in on my 'hard drive' so to speak:
2 skrzynecki poems, 1 stim text, 2 related texts

If I find that I'm running out of time in the exam and the question only requires one related text, then I'll just drop off the last related text and only do one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)