Morning after pill (1 Viewer)

InLimbo

HSC
Ok, so, to be as honest and clear as possible, my girlfriend and I had sex not long ago, and the condom had slipped off slightly. I'm not sure if it had come off completely, though when I felt it was more or less just at the end of my... yeh.

I've already looked up plenty of stuff on menstrual cycles and fertility etc and it seems she's entering the most fertile stage of the cycle... A cause for concern, yes.

So, I want to be safe and for her to take the morning after pill tomorrow ASAP. I feel bad for it because it's not my body and I shouldn't really assert myself on it for that reason. She's adopted the 'it'll be fine' stance and has told me not to worry.

Help please! What should be done? Is my desire for safety misplaced? Offer me guidance, please.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You would've been able to tell if any semen leaked out, but take the MAP just in case.

Skeeta

HSC
Buy the morning-after-pill. There is a high risk of pregnancy, if it has slipped off/almost off.

You can get them over-the-counter at the chemist.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
She can take that morning after pill up to 72 hours after you had sex. But i wouldnt wait that long, take it within the first 24 hours latest to minimise any risk. The pharmacist will ask you a few basic questions when you get it, and when she takes it, shes going to get really sick, after taking the first and second one.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Supra said:
and when she takes it, shes going to get really sick, after taking the first and second one.

Thats not always the case. I've taken the morning after pill twice with absolutely no side effects. Some people get slight nausea but if your getting really sick thats something you should look into. :confused:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
yeh ive had two experiences now where the girl has needed to get the morning after pill and in both cases they had little to no discomfort/side effects
it just comes down to the individual
its usually about 30 dollars isnt it?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yep 30 bux...a friend of mine paid 50 once.

It depends on the person on how severe the side effects will be...its not going to be that bad, could be just stomache aches/headaches or the obvious nausea only.

placebo101

HSC
yeah mate i've had 2 do it, she just needs to fill out a short survey, which is prob used for government statistics or sumthin. cost 30 bucks. my gf had sum slight nausia. beats the hell outta morning sickness i bet

Skeeta

HSC
If you go to a sexual health clinic (family planning clinic??) its free.

SweetSeasons

HSC
green_fairy said:
Thats not always the case. I've taken the morning after pill twice with absolutely no side effects. Some people get slight nausea but if your getting really sick thats something you should look into. :confused:

you know, they reckon you should only use the morning after pill once because it fucks your body up so much...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
you know, they reckon you should only use the morning after pill once because it fucks your body up so much...
no more than once a year i heard...

clare22

HSC
Hey can someone please explain the morning after pill.

I get the whole concept of stopping you from getting pregnant but does it kill the recently formed embryo. Because if the sperm meets the egg then it becomes fertilised and begins to grow. Which by my standards would be a baby...... right....?

I hope someone corrects me and we are not all talking about an early form of abortion that every one seems okay with.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
clare22 said:
Hey can someone please explain the morning after pill.

I get the whole concept of stopping you from getting pregnant but does it kill the recently formed embryo. Because if the sperm meets the egg then it becomes fertilised and begins to grow. Which by my standards would be a baby...... right....?

I hope someone corrects me and we are not all talking about an early form of abortion that every one seems okay with.
Yes, the sperm has already met the egg when the MAP acts.

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah it pretty much is an early form of abortion.. it pretty much makes you get your period hence flushing the embryo out and aborting the birth.

I think most people are ok with this because at this stage of life there is no central nervouse system, they are no fingers and toes...

rachiee

HSC
take it anyway
better to be safe than sorry
plus whats 25 dollars compared to a couple of thousands? plus it'll have you worried for awhile and it'll constantly be on your mind

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
A couple of thousands? What for? If you're referring to abortions, they cost $150-300 depending on the anaesthetic used. But yes, better safe than sorry.

As for the MAP, I don't think it's all that "safe". Obviously, it should be used when needed, but it's basically a crapload of chemicals you're putting into your body- it's not good for you. But obviously it's worth it when needed. It shouldn't be used excessively though, or as a form of contraception.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Raising a child costs a lot more than a couple thousand!

InLimbo

HSC
Issue solved, move along, nothing to see here.

Though curiously, I was able to buy it for her and the pharmacist guy didn't ask me anything. The little booklet on the inside said the pharmacist should ask certain questions etc...

Interesting, no?

Negligence for pharmacist? Probably not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)