Morning of an exam breakfast?! (1 Viewer)

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Hello! :)
What do you guys have for breakfast before a big exam? I have a feeling I'll be too nervous to eat anything, though I know it is essential to focus and not be hungry in the exam - what is something easy to stomach that will still fill me up?
Thanks !

Exotic

HSC
Im pretty sure I'll feel lost if I dont eat. Toast, some chocolate and water, the same procedure every day before exams :)

cpwincess19

HSC
2 weetbix & a big glass of water / juice .
But I used to drink an up&go and eat a banana but we don't really buy bananas atm :p

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I wouldn't advise deviating from your current daily eating habits as this isn't the time for mixing things up.

If you find yourself not hungry in the morning, don't fill yourself up too much. Eat something light like a piece of fruit or a couple of pieces of toast.

lobster1234

HSC
cheese! bacon! eggs! sour cream! fats digest slower and are more dense in calories making you feel fuller for longer. Oats are also pretty good aswell. If you dont likeany of those have some peanut butter, everyoneloves peanut butter

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Drink a lot of water and eat eggs, tuna, oatmeal. Meals that make you full. Try and go to the toilet before you leave your house...you don't wont to waste one minute while in the exam.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
whatever works for you, you may be nervous but you need to eat

E

Effekt

Generally i don't eat anything most mornings, i'll stick to this.

araboy

HSC
A big bowl of raw kangaroo meat, with blood and all.

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
Hahaha Kangaroo meat! Though thanks for all the suggestions, think either fruit or oats is the way to go! Best of luck tomorrow everyone btw! :D

saugo123

HSC
N/A
Brain food is the key to success. Water is essential to stimulate the neurons and fish is excellent for the omega 3 which boosts brain function. When walking into the exam chew barley sugar for some short term brain function boost.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Poached eggs on toast, just one piece if your like me and get nervous. A some black/green tea for concentration :)

iallan

HSC
N/A
You should be looking at consuming LOW gi foods such as complex carbs - sweet potatos and wholemeal bread which ensures sustained energy releases. I do not recommend any HIGH gi foods such as simple carbs white bread, soft drinks... as this will give you an instant energy boost, and will deplete significantly. Breakfast you should be looking at consuming anything such as oats, wholemeal bread, and WATER! Lot's of water.

forthehsc

HSC
for those who release a bit of 'gas' when they're nervous, go easy on the eggs/baked beans

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Something that won't make you crash in your exam. So less sugar, less coffee, more grains and wheats. Cereal, oats - maybe a redbull before your exam if that's your thing?
Wholemeal bread and sweet potatos as iallan said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)