• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Trucks that go in the right lane on a freeway...
Even worse, trucks in all three lanes of a main road...
KEEP TO THE LEFT!!!!! ZOMGGG

Then the cars which think they have enough room to merge in but don't really.. Forcing me to brake/slow down so I dont scratch my sexy car

When you give room for people to merge and they don't give the hand-signal of "thankyou".. that gives me the s**** real bad

OHH.. when there's a traffic light, then another traffic light shortly.. and you go past the first traffic light thinking there's enough room to fit your car - cos visually there is - but some retard in front of you leaves 3/4 of a carlength's worth of room in front of themselves and doesn't move up, so your car's ass is in the middle of traffic..

Jiga

Something that Ive seen abit more frequently now is idiots who dont know how to indicate. On one occasion this twat on the highway in the left lane (me driving in the right lane) put his indicators on while I was say 10m off his rear, so I slow down to give him even more room and he just stayed their, then I overtook and he went in behind me. When you indicate the person in the other lane HAS to give way ffs.... dont put your indicator on until their is room or if you put it on early and someone gives you room then change lanes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
When you indicate the person in the other lane HAS to give way ffs....
Is it?
I always thought signalling just indicates intention of going in a certain direction, I never thought that you'd HAVE to give way to that person.. I mean, it'd be nice to.. but you're not obliged to

CieL

HSC
Blackswan said:
Having the person in the back seat licking your ear whilst you drive.
Are you sure you didnt enjoy it more than being annoyed?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
When you indicate the person in the other lane HAS to give way
Where did you get that from? I am pretty sure that isn't the case. It is up to the person wanting to change lanes to wait until it is safe.

If that is in fact true it is possibly the stupidest rule ever.

lengy

HSC
It's distracting but after the first time you get used to it :eek:

Ciel is my kind of driver. Much <3 to you.

Legham

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Where did you get that from? I am pretty sure that isn't the case. It is up to the person wanting to change lanes to wait until it is safe.

If that is in fact true it is possibly the stupidest rule ever.
I'm pretty sure it's just true when the lane you're in is closing.

jirwin

HSC
yeah same here Legham - well thats what Dad has been teaching me... I'm yet to go with a driving instructor but hope to very soon so i can get my Ps

CieL

HSC
Legham said:
I'm pretty sure it's just true when the lane you're in is closing.
Yep exactly my thoughts... like when they gotta merge n stuff... like HAVE TO merge...

Cos it'd be stupid if you HAD to give way to everyone that indicates.. like, oh look, some car didnt check their blind spot and has merged into me whilst indicating, it's my fault.. har har..

I hate people that don't check... THRICE I've nearly been swiped if it wasnt for my horn and abusive language

Legham

HSC
My mate was hit by someone who did that just yesterday!

Hmm.. another annoying thing when driving is when you're driving on a road along the edge of a cliff and the passenger grabs the steering wheel and yanks it in the direction of the cliff :p

*hopes sophie reads this*

hahaha.

Jiga

I always thought signalling just indicates intention of going in a certain direction, I never thought that you'd HAVE to give way to that person.. I mean, it'd be nice to.. but you're not obliged to
Well now Im not so sure... I know when a lane is ending you do HAVE to let them in, but in the situation I was in I cant find anything to suggest you have to, but you should be curteous and let them in. However I was certain I read ages back that you can be fined for not letting someone in when they are indicatoring :|

Eitherway it doesnt matter, youd have to be retarded to put your indicator on for 40seconds while another car is in the other lane... it confuses traffic because you have no idea if the guy is gonna push in or wait, which your definetely not meant to do!

EDIT:

I stand corrected big time in relation to giving way to someone who is indicating, from legislation:

"A driver on a multi-lane road who is moving from one marked lane (whether or not the lane is ending) to another marked lane must give way to any vehicle travelling in the same direction as the driver in the marked lane to which the driver is moving. " - http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/tas/consol_reg/trr1999290/s148.html

Although there is nothing wrong with giving way, its being curteous (and safer consdering some people will change whether you move or not!) and I still say the guy in my story was a retard.... you dont indicate when you still have to wait 40secs to change lane

Last edited by a moderator:

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
EDIT:

I stand corrected big time in relation to giving way to someone who is indicating, from legislation:

"A driver on a multi-lane road who is moving from one marked lane (whether or not the lane is ending) to another marked lane must give way to any vehicle travelling in the same direction as the driver in the marked lane to which the driver is moving. " - http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/tas/consol_reg/trr1999290/s148.html
wait.... so, "corrected big time" means you're full wrong right?

Last edited:

Jiga

Yeeeeeeeeees...... n e way it hasnt effected my driving negatively, like Ive never floored the brakes to let anyone in cos I thought I have to...... best policy is make decisions which keep the traffic flowing (eg if a car is slightly ahead of you and lane is ending ahead slow down alittle to let them in rather then speed up and cut them off, esp if theirs a car behind you etc)

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
i hate taxi's and i hate ppl who give me dirty's for listening to my music a bit louder then normal and maybe because of the subwoofer how the hell am i suppose to know BUT i was driving home after a soccer game me and my cousin (same team) i have my red p's i was goin 60 like i wuz suppose to and i noticed some ute behind me i wasnt sure if he was tailgating or not cuz he wasnt doing a good job finaly he over took me and he goes up next to me while still moving and shouts out dickhead! and i was like wtf :S and he speeds off and i get stuck behind a red light and me and my cuz were like wat was happening and i continued the road until the next redlight and guess who is infront of me its the nice old wife beater ute guy and as soon as it got to a double laned road i overtook the fuck out of him...technicly V-TEC KICKED IN YO! and i went slow while infront of him but hten he tried to overtake me...well...v-tec...once again...i kinda followed him to where his was going but then my cousin convinced me to go home....but why did he call me a dickhead i couldnt change lanes and i was going the right speed :S he was obviously a wife beater u shud of seen his singlet and hair.....v-tec prevails once again :D

CieL

HSC
Optophobia said:
There's only one thing that pisses me off when driving.

Trucks.

The irony is they put the most stupid uneducated people in charge of the largest most dangerous vehicles.

They are so animalistic. Trucks always go 95 k in a 100 zone, just slow enough to be anoying.. so i overtake them, and then they over take me..

oh.. right.. can't be stuck behind a p-plater, right?

Morons.

They obviously cop a bit of shit from other road users (Seeing as it's their job which they do x amount of hours each day) and so they have the same attitude towards all car drivers.. but p-platers are seen as being worse.
Uhhh I think it's just you.

On the freeway, trucks tend to go pretty fast imo, as in, above the posted speed limit.. I am sometimes quite content to travel behind one unless they're dumping dirt all over the road.. but usually I do overtake trucks cos I dont like how they pick up rocks n stuff..

You must drive like a dumbass to be picked by a truck. Never in my life has a truck tried to play tag with me.. not that I go slow enough to get tagged anyway..

I wouldnt be surprised if you sped to overtake the truck, then go 95 or 100 after you've overtaken them, just enough to piss the truck driver off too.

CieL

HSC
noir. said:
I hate P-platers.
I hate truck drivers and bus drivers
I hate pedestrians
But most of all, I hate having my dad in the passenger seat screaming at me when i "speed"
You do realise that sooner or later you're going to be a p-plater yourself....

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
FridayEvening said:
Call me intolerant, but I hate cyclists. Get off my road and on to your piddling little footpath, kthxbye.
cyclists belong on the road too, moron.

Legham

HSC
Not when there's a dedicated bike path off the road.. >_>. Stupid triathletes thinking they own the world..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)