Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
CieL said:
Wow so many crazy stories from today..

Should I remind you guys it's double D?
I had no idea. I wouldn't of been driving so fast if I knew that. Do police radars work in the pouring rain?

lengy

HSC
It is a long weekend and realised this yesterday...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I go to uni 12 hours a week and work 1 day a week... every weekend is a long weekend for me...

lengy

HSC
Yeah if I don't turn up on Mondays I have a 5 day weekend so I tend to treat most days like a holiday anyways.

CieL

HSC
People who chuck trash out of their window when they're driving..

Nearly got hit by a Maccas paper bag

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I'd agree if it wasn't so ridiculously funny the way you said it: 'OMG! That Maccas paper bag nearly hit my car! I almost died!'

CieL

HSC
lol that was the point..

My worst encounter with crap on the road was when some vehicle dropped planks of wood onto the ground, just at the top of a hill on a 80 zone..

My friend zoomed up the hill, with me following behind, hit the plank of wood and sent it flying into my car.. would of possibly smashed through my windscreen [or at least done some sort of damage] if I didnt dodge it in time.. sent me fishtailing tho.. lucky it was only us two on the whole road.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
whoa, flying planks ftl...

got a 4WD behind me a while ag flashing his lights at me. at first i thought i knew who it was (and it turns out i did), but he kept on blazing me, so i pulled to the side since i didnt want to speed away- too many intersections ahead XD- so i pulled to the side and he just kept on going.

couldn't flash him, since he was too high v_v

CieL

HSC
NYARHGHGHGHGHGHH!!!

I HATE hit and run drivers!

This isnt so much at the time of driving.. but parking..

I parked at Cabravale Diggers yesterday.. left my car there for 4hrs.. come back, and see a blob of paint missing from my front bumper.. inspect closer to come to the conclusion that someone was reversing out in an old car, possibly 4wd, of some sort [one way, diagonal scratches and no paint marks from their vehicle]..

Bastards! Inspect my windshield if they might of left a note.. but I mean, which dodgy asian in Cabramatta would give a shit about your car.. fucking hell, I had a bad feeling when I left my car there to go Parra..

Hate the ding.. makes it look like I can drive for shit and hit something myself.. Should of gotten a dark grey Euro.. the plastic for the bumper is actually black.. and there's about an inch by inch chunk of paint missing there.. plus several deep scratches.. sigh.. It looks like shit..

Pace_T

HSC
hahaha thats coz that carpark is infested with drivers who cant drive for shit

i was lecturing my mates on how shit some of them are while i was at that roundabout in the cabra vale diggers car park and there was this chick in the right, i gave way but she didnt move, so i was like ffs and i went, then as i was in the roundabout (i was turning right), the guy on my left, who was *supposed* to give way, actually didnt! freakin shit drivers
whenever i go there i park riiiiiiight up the back, i always see shit hit cars left right and center when trying to get into/out of car park spaces. i use to sometimes park in those president or life time member spaces coz i know those drivers would be more cautious, (i assumed) but now they have these thingsi n the way that i cant move =(

CieL

HSC
It was my first time trying to park inside that carpark.. I usually can find a spot outside in the "front end parking only" area.. but not yesterday..

Carpark was fucking confusing.. you get a two way here.. then the next lane it's a one way.. and you dont know it's a one way until you go into it and see there's only one arrow pointing towards you and you're like oh fuck..

There's about a billion disabled parking spots.. and most of them weren't filled up anyway.. and yeah, they have little yellow plastic shapes of children standing in the exec. spots.. it's freaking hilarious.

Pace_T

HSC
yeah those plastic little things i use to move and just park in the highroller spaces, until they started putting these warning stickers on the windshield, and the security guards there always hassle me so much, they all know who i am too coz im always there haha. they have metal things u cant move now =(
back on topic, i hate it when cars change into a different lane that's turning and they slow down heaps, but arent completely in the other lane yet. they stay in the middle of both lanes and i can't go around, so i have nothing to do but slow down arghhhh
also hate pricks who don't get their tail lights fixed, and i always have to slam my brakes coz i cant quickly tell when they start slowing down. :burn:

CieL

HSC
Talking about rear lights..

I've realised some Excels have a single bright red light on the right hand side of their bumper.. wth is this light? Not all of them turn on, but I have seen a few with that light and it's so friggin bright when I'm driving behind them..

Pace_T

HSC
na i dont think its a light, correct me if im wrong but i think its a reflector so when the car is parked, like on the side of the road, and its lights are obviously off, when ur going past u can see the reflector so u can tell a car is there
that reminds me
i hate stupid 4wds that have bright headlights. like when they pull up behind me at say the lights, coz the 4wds are so high, their headlights dont tilt down enough to aim just at the road, they get me in the face. i pull that thing on the rear view mirror but the lights still hit me in the face from the side mirror.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I think its a fog lamp. My bug has one on the bottom right, and the reverse light on the bottom left of my bumper. Its ridiculously powerful too, everytime i look in the rearview when its on all i see is red. I'm pretty sure its a hazard. =/

And on the topic of fog lamps, i hate people that TURN ALL THEIR FUCKING LIGHTS ON WHEN DRIVING DOWN WELL LIT STREETS.

I reckon we need to band together and make a strikeforce that targets people that get on our nerves!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There is no reason to drive the fog lights on. The roads have reflectors on them and other cars have lights. If you need brights on constantly to feel safe driving when it is dark you have no business driving at night.

j_davo24

HSC
Azamakumar said:
I think its a fog lamp.
Thats what it is.

iamsickofyear12 said:
There is no reason to drive the fog lights on. The roads have reflectors on them and other cars have lights. If you need brights on constantly to feel safe driving when it is dark you have no business driving at night.
AFAIK it is an offence to have them on when there is no fog. Same as highbeams within 200m of an oncoming vehicle or one traveling the same direction ahead of you. Another thing people forget...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
j_davo24 said:
AFAIK it is an offence to have them on when there is no fog. Same as highbeams within 200m of an oncoming vehicle or one traveling the same direction ahead of you. Another thing people forget...
Every time I drive at night I am blinded by people with their stupid lights so either they don't know its not allowed or they just ignore the rule. It needs to be enforced better... and it should get 6 demerit points.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I haven't had much of a chance to practice driving my manual, so although I have green P plates, I still take off like an L-plater.

Many apologies for the stalling/slow take-off/erratic take-off/reluctance to stop on hills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)