Most ANNOYING things when Driving (1 Viewer)

Jasmiineee

HSC
I agree, i really do.
But if a police officer was to see a learner speeding, what do you think would happen?
& yeah more visibility, but can the driver handle it? how many hours has the learner had. I didn't attempt a freeway until i had over 50 hours, because i've seen an accident seconds after it occured when i'd just gained my license (wasn't driving at the time).
A friend of mine who has less then 9 hours of driving, attempted a freeway, her first time merging, how is that responsible? i think it's careless for a learner to be allowed to speed, okay if they can handle it, but the thing is they are learners they arn't going to react the same as someone who has been driving longer, you do understand what im trying to say right?

Jasmiineee

HSC
That's another thing i don't like about driving, people who don't look out for motorbikes.
The accident i mentioned above scared me so much because it involved a bike rider, and it was the most horrid feeling to see the car that had hit him and his body laying there motionless. I have respect for motorcycle riders, until they start pulling in wherever they feel like it.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I agree, i really do.
But if a police officer was to see a learner speeding, what do you think would happen?
& yeah more visibility, but can the driver handle it? how many hours has the learner had. I didn't attempt a freeway until i had over 50 hours, because i've seen an accident seconds after it occured when i'd just gained my license (wasn't driving at the time).
A friend of mine who has less then 9 hours of driving, attempted a freeway, her first time merging, how is that responsible? i think it's careless for a learner to be allowed to speed, okay if they can handle it, but the thing is they are learners they arn't going to react the same as someone who has been driving longer, you do understand what im trying to say right?
I can simply say to a copper i had to do 120Km/h to get through a head wind.

quik.

HSC
I have respect for motorcycle riders, until they start pulling in wherever they feel like it.
I had respect for you, until this statement.

What is wrong with us (us being motorcycle riders) using our smaller size and greater maneuverability to go places you cannot?

We don't hold you up in any way. We don't require you to do anything except be a responsible driver, which you should do regardless. Hell even if you aren't, we take a lot more responsibility for our own safety than a car driver ever would.

So what is the problem, exactly?

Jasmiineee

HSC
I'd personnally prefer to not have to make up an excuse to the police, no matter how true it was, to get out of trouble considering the amount of discretion they can use if they just wanna be a smart ass, especially now with the demerit points for L's.

Jasmiineee

HSC
quik: noo i mean when they merge without looking or anything. It's frustrating because the last thing i wanna have to experience is hitting a one, because they just assumed it was safe or that a car will just stop.

quik.

HSC
Fair enough. Although I would say many more car drivers do this.

Jasmiineee

HSC
i agree with that as well. If anythign car drivers are worse, but i still hate it more.
If i hit a car- fine, less chance of actually hurting someone, a bike- and well, i'd never wanna drive again, even if it wasn't my fault.

pman

Banned
HSC
Learners needto be able to do 100kph, much safer cos there's no mobile chicane

Last edited:

walkahz

HSC
I agree, i really do.
If you cant handle doing 100kmh on a freeway you shouldnt be driving learner or not! Doing 80 on a freeway is dangerous especially with lots of traffic (40t trucks doing 20-30k's faster than you having to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting you).

I drove on the freeway for my 3rd driving lesson with no problems ( well apart from skipping 4th and changing straight down to second going up a hill hahahaha). Even as a learner my dad told me to do at least 90k so we didnt die.

Jasmiineee

HSC
i was referring the learners with little to none experience. Pretty sure any new driver, isn't going to be comfortable with going 100k straight away. Freeway or not, comfort should always be first, because if a driver is uncomfortable with speed, or circumstances, they are more likely to make a mistake and crash. That being said going 20k's in an 60k+ area is a little dramatic.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I agree, i really do.
And exactly how are they meant to react? I'd say about 9/10 drivers would just jump on the brakes the second things start going pear shaped, and the other one is hte dickhead that blares his horn and flashes his lights expecting it to magically fix everything. It's a lot easier having someone next to you telling you you won't be able to react to a problem at that speed given the space you've got in front of you than finding out the hard way, which is what'll happen once they upgrade their license and won't need mum next to them anymore.

I'd personnally prefer to not have to make up an excuse to the police, no matter how true it was, to get out of trouble considering the amount of discretion they can use if they just wanna be a smart ass, especially now with the demerit points for L's.
If it was true you wouldn't be making it up. I got booked at 103km/h and the cop didn't feel the need to remind me that by speeding I was killing kittens. Instead he knocked my offence down from 20-30 over to 10-20 over. I asked him if he would've bothered had there not been L plates on the back and he said no.
ie I was in complete control and doing nothing dangerous. Oh wait it was heaps dangerous I was just a learner.

quik: noo i mean when they merge without looking or anything. It's frustrating because the last thing i wanna have to experience is hitting a one, because they just assumed it was safe or that a car will just stop.
Thats a fairly naive view of the matter, I doubt many motorcyclists think anything is safe unless they're the only thing on a road with no side streets etc.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Indeed, nobs who don't look while reversing. I've almost been taken out so many times by these people. Anyone notice how they always act like it wasn't their fault even if you're sitting stationary behind them, boxed in by a car in front and behind?

Mullumbimby drivers. I swear none of them can drive.

Jasmiineee

HSC
Azamakumar: why do i feel like i have to defend myself? im just having an opinion based on my experience.
1. Learners won't know how to react to everything, and while it may be easier to learn with someone next to them, they still shouldn't be allowed to speed. Thats what makes their reacts worse, they might not see something a more experienced driver would, and then bang, its all over. I've always been told you learn more when you on your own driving anyway, but lets just hope you learn by following the rules that are their to protect everyone, not to piss you off.

2. What i mean by make it up, is if im trying to over take someone by speeding, they arn't going to give a rats ass because im a learner, so why should i break the law? is it worth it? no. It is dangerous because your a learner, some learners can be really good but it doesn't make you as good as someone who's been driving for 20 year's and always follows the rules.

3. im not saying most motorcyclists assume its just safe, but some of them do. & i've seen some of the stupidity of it, especially when i've been driving. That being said, its the exact same with car drivers, cars are worse.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I had respect for you, until this statement.

What is wrong with us (us being motorcycle riders) using our smaller size and greater maneuverability to go places you cannot?

We don't hold you up in any way. We don't require you to do anything except be a responsible driver, which you should do regardless. Hell even if you aren't, we take a lot more responsibility for our own safety than a car driver ever would.

So what is the problem, exactly?
It's annoying when they do it in a careless manner which causes other drivers to have to make sudden braking maneuverers to avoid an accident. I don't mind them moving forward during traffic, but this is on the presumption when they get to the front of the queue, they move quickly when the lights turn green. This is no different to how I feel about cars which want to overtake me to change into my lane- sure go ahead, but please don't do it if you are speeding to overtake me and then you are intending to brake/slow down considerably to slower than what I was doing before.

As for motorbike incident- I can't remember if I posted this in this thread but I saw recently on my walk to work near IMAX (the bridge from Anzac Bridge towards the city that splits into King St exit and Harbour Bridge) a motorcycle driver who had been hit when weaving in and out of traffic on his way to work. His bike was pretty much wrecked, he was covered in blood but the ambulance couldn't get through since it was peak hour traffic jam with all lanes blocked. As much as I hate to say it, I hope this can teach many riders the lesson that whilst alot of the time others will see you and pre-empt you weaving in front of them, not everyone will, nor will everyone have the capacity to brake in time.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Azamakumar: why do i feel like i have to defend myself? im just having an opinion based on my experience.
1. Learners won't know how to react to everything, and while it may be easier to learn with someone next to them, they still shouldn't be allowed to speed. Thats what makes their reacts worse, they might not see something a more experienced driver would, and then bang, its all over. I've always been told you learn more when you on your own driving anyway, but lets just hope you learn by following the rules that are their to protect everyone, not to piss you off.

2. What i mean by make it up, is if im trying to over take someone by speeding, they arn't going to give a rats ass because im a learner, so why should i break the law? is it worth it? no. It is dangerous because your a learner, some learners can be really good but it doesn't make you as good as someone who's been driving for 20 year's and always follows the rules.

3. im not saying most motorcyclists assume its just safe, but some of them do. & i've seen some of the stupidity of it, especially when i've been driving. That being said, its the exact same with car drivers, cars are worse.
Everything in this post is wrong. iirc it was in finland that they do something like 20 hours of theory and 30 hours of supervised driving with an instructor before they can get a license, and pass a skidpan test etc. The whole point of having someone there is to help point out things that they haven't picked up on yet. You say some learners shouldn't go on a freeway but could learn to drive in harsher conditions by themself?

Also why the cunt are you overtaking if you need to go over the limit to do it?

I'm going to dismiss the rest of your posts in this thread on the basis of your gender.

quik.

HSC
It's annoying when they do it in a careless manner which causes other drivers to have to make sudden braking maneuverers to avoid an accident. I don't mind them moving forward during traffic, but this is on the presumption when they get to the front of the queue, they move quickly when the lights turn green. This is no different to how I feel about cars which want to overtake me to change into my lane- sure go ahead, but please don't do it if you are speeding to overtake me and then you are intending to brake/slow down considerably to slower than what I was doing before.

Snip
Nobody required to touch steering wheel / accel / brake when we filter stopped traffic. Nobody has to brake when I overtake in moving traffic, I am by the very nature of 'overtaking' going at a greater speed than they are.

I get what you are saying, extend common courtesies etc, and I agree that everyone should. I just don't think they are particularly relevant... motorcycles get off the line quicker, drivers don't have to do anything re: accomodating motorcycles filtering stopped traffic, and again nothing is required of drivers when being overtaken apart from not being a knob and speeding up because of a damaged ego.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Nobody required to touch steering wheel / accel / brake when we filter stopped traffic. Nobody has to brake when I overtake in moving traffic, I am by the very nature of 'overtaking' going at a greater speed than they are.

I get what you are saying, extend common courtesies etc, and I agree that everyone should. I just don't think they are particularly relevant... motorcycles get off the line quicker, drivers don't have to do anything re: accomodating motorcycles filtering stopped traffic, and again nothing is required of drivers when being overtaken apart from not being a knob and speeding up because of a damaged ego.
Maybe you aren't as bad as others but there are always those who weave in and out of traffic at high speeds which do force us to brake. Maybe it's not obvious to you guys on cycles but as car drivers, it's prudent and only natural (if something suddenly swipes in front of you) that you slow down immediately.

... and that comment about cycles getting off the line quicker than me- not always. It annoys the heck out of me when they dawdle and then accelerate slowly. And don't get me started on scooters who think they are motorcycles.

Jasmiineee

HSC
Everything in this post is wrong. iirc it was in finland that they do something like 20 hours of theory and 30 hours of supervised driving with an instructor before they can get a license, and pass a skidpan test etc. The whole point of having someone there is to help point out things that they haven't picked up on yet. You say some learners shouldn't go on a freeway but could learn to drive in harsher conditions by themself?

Also why the cunt are you overtaking if you need to go over the limit to do it?

I'm going to dismiss the rest of your posts in this thread on the basis of your gender.
i stated someone with less then 10 hours experience shouldn't be on a freeway, because i dont think it's safe with little experience.
& if your referring to why i was over taking the truck, he was goign 30 in a 100 zone, so yeah i'd preferrably like to be able to go 80, but no as soon as i got to his side further up, waoh, he actually found his accelerator. Not to mention the reason i did decide to overtake was because there was 2 motorcycles between the truck and i, and because of the trucks speed, they kept slowing down, understandably even slower which made me nervous being so close to them, so i chose to overtake.

My post isn't wrong. Its my opinion, you shouldn't say someone's opinion is wrong because at the end of the day, its not your experience that created that opinion is it? NO. SO don't attack me and say im wrong, simply because you don't agree, thats naive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)