most effective horror movie (1 Viewer)

9deuce

MADE
HSC
Madagascar.

The Grudge.
Watch it with the sound turned up to the maximum.
Huge screen is a prerequisite.

HSC
9deuce said:
Madagascar.

The Grudge.
Watch it with the sound turned up to the maximum.
Huge screen is a prerequisite.
madagascar?? LOL

grudge, crap, u knw when my friends and i watched it, we actually ran out screaming from my house, and we locked ourselves outside

haha :lol:

HSC
Problem is more in trying to find them movies. Good thing bout them is that they don't rely on the overly liberal use of all the stupid, cliched blah blah horror film techniques to try and scare you.

But then again some are just as shit.

:)

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
That would have to be Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, Anthony Perkins scared the shit out of me at the end. And even though I don't generally like Stanley Kubrick, Jack Nicholson's performance as Jack Torrance in The Shining was absolutely formidable. IMO, Jack saved what would have otherwise been an average movie at best.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
the amityville horror was good.
the hills have eyes 1 and 2 and 30 days of night, i guess they come under horror genre, although didnt really affect me, but plenty of gore.
The ring 1 and 2 were good, theres a 3rd one coming out, a prequel to the first one, samara's backstory i think.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
that didnt look that good. In the ads at least.

Theres a new Jason Voorhees movie coming out next year, probably wont be horror tho, just another gore flick, still probably worth watching.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ligeti said:
The Orphanage
Serious? it wasnt that scary, more just disturbing. Sucked in to the mother, she got a shit go.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
F.E.A.R.

hmm not many films scare me...still, the Exorcist always will hold a place, but tbh "I Spit on Your Grave' (1978)- probably the most repulsive movie of it's time. Based around this girl who is brutually gang-raped and her revenge (castaration of her attackers). She spends the film fully naked for like 80% of the movie, but its the raw profanity and disturbing acting which make this a stand out film in terms of hororr/gore.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Funniest thing happened last nite while i was watching 28 weeks later in bed.

I was up to the bit where robert carlyle is infected and is gouging out his wife's eyes with his thumbs, lots of blood, THEN MY NOSE STARTS BLEEDING, LOTS OF BLOOD!!!!

Yeah, that was random, lol.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Omie Jay said:
Funniest thing happened last nite while i was watching 28 weeks later in bed.

I was up to the bit where robert carlyle is infected and is gouging out his wife's eyes with his thumbs, lots of blood, THEN MY NOSE STARTS BLEEDING, LOTS OF BLOOD!!!!

Yeah, that was random, lol.

I had developed a huge migraine by the time that scene came around. I had to stop watching it. Funny thing is, I actually liked that movie and love zombie movies in general.

verdades

HSC
The soundtrack for Halloween is rather effective.

Don't know which movie I'd call the most effective, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)