Most Important Quality In A Teacher (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
A love and passion for what they are teaching. Nothing worse than being taught by someone who doesn't want to be there. :/

twistedrebel

HSC
teachers starting pay is 50k, which is pretty decent, but they need larger percentage rises, not the 1-2% atm. I think after 10 years of teaching one should get 75-80k, although if we start rising wages of teachers, then its a domino effect to the whole public sector.

jana--x

HSC
Important quality in a teacher would be the ability to teach well and to be enthusiastic/motivational in a particular subject.

(lol that's two qualities but meh)

yups

HSC
most important quality in a teacher is literally having the knowledge to teach. you'd be amazed to know how many teachers don't know what they're talking about (at my school anyway).

sinophile

HSC
N/A
i learn best off scary teachers who really know their stuff, because they tend to be the most concise and particular about the finer points... there's heaps of people who don't like those teachers because they're too intimidating, impatient and a lot of the time aren't especially nice people
but yeah, scary ftw.
thats somewhat true for me (back in high school). Except I didn't really find them scary. Since they knew their stuff, I always bugged their brain with questions during and after class, gave friendly criticism on their teaching style once in a while, and I think that had the effect of making them less scary.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Passionate, has great communication skills, understands the subject, friendly and loves/is willing to help.

Some wit/a sense of humour would also be great in a teacher.

gesh17

HSC
N/A
The one quality which is pretty much impossible: complete objectivity.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I like teachers who are honest, realistic, always willing to help and give a damn. Luckily quite a few of mine do :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)