Most impressive subject (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
My most impressive one is the one I just started: MKTG3121. (Advertising: creative principles)
The lecturer is average, however, he invites industry speakers every few weeks to show us what it's like to be in advertising.
We are given group projects and have to pretend we work for an advertising firm. We present a 'pitch' to the actual clients!!! and also reps from ad agencies allowing us to be offered internships, jobs, etc :D
It's bloody brilliant.

<3 usyd marketing.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think it depends on what sort of areas of study you're in. For me, Composition has been bloody impressive. We got guest lectures by people as notable as Nigel Westlake and Carl Vine, and in my last two semesters my personal tutors were Nigel Butterley and Anne Boyd - two of Australia's most prominent and accomplished composers.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Phanatical said:
I think it depends on what sort of areas of study you're in. For me, Composition has been bloody impressive. We got guest lectures by people as notable as Nigel Westlake and Carl Vine, and in my last two semesters my personal tutors were Nigel Butterley and Anne Boyd - two of Australia's most prominent and accomplished composers.
no shit
personal tutors?
zomg
zomgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :eek:

<3 nigel and a bit of boyd now & then.

tennille

HSC
My most impressive is BCHM2971. The lecturer is quite good and the subject is quite interesting. :)

I'm quite impressd with most of my lecturers. The only one I don't like is my STAT2011 lecturer; he's a bit of a deadshit.

nit

HSC
BCHM2971, tennille? lol the lecturer's just been recapping and talking about breastfeeding mothers in his lectures haha...

I'm impressed with my stat2911 lecturer, though not initially by my chem lecturer - "aromatics are smelly"? back to 1st grade again??

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
withoutaface said:
Anything with the MTRX code.
MTRX1702? Jackass, some of them are really crap.

I still claim that Expetrimental Robotics can hands down beat any composition class. I mean come on, who cares if the teachers are well-renowned, we get TO PLAY WITH ROBOTS.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
nit said:
BCHM2971, tennille? lol the lecturer's just been recapping and talking about breastfeeding mothers in his lectures haha...
What lecturer?

MATH2916 SSP...Don Taylor...absolute legend.

tennille

HSC
nit said:
He mentioned breastfeeding once. :rolleyes:

What does that say about my other subjects then? :p

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
the chick who takes social psych lectures in psyc1001 is amazing. everyone was on the floor in hysterics. She must have been a standup comedian or something on the side because every single thing in her lecture was amazing.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yehhhhh ^^^ she was hilarious i couldn't stop laughing, and it wasn't taking away from the info either (even though i have already been through that content) but yeh awesome lecturer.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Bored Info said:
the chick who takes social psych lectures in psyc1001 is amazing. everyone was on the floor in hysterics. She must have been a standup comedian or something on the side because every single thing in her lecture was amazing.
Forgot to switch users?

bradc1988

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
MTRX1702? Jackass, some of them are really crap.

I still claim that Expetrimental Robotics can hands down beat any composition class. I mean come on, who cares if the teachers are well-renowned, we get TO PLAY WITH ROBOTS.
1702? I'm doing 1701 at the moment, but havn't really started it yet. I think I do 1702 next semester?

I'm really looking forward to experimental robotics, it's one of the reasons I chose MTRX.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
definitely PSYC1001, we did mexican waves in wallace theatre.

enough said.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1702 actually wasn't too bad; it was interesting and the mark/effort ratio was good.

HSC
PSYCH1001 - Dr. Lisa Zadrow was great.
MUSC1506 - Anne Boyd is teacher and tutor, I was impressed.

darkroomgirl

HSC
CLCV 1001 (Classical Mythology)... all the people I meet in the class love the subject so far, although we all admit that it would be quite useless for any future job prospects, hehehe. :) The subject matter is really interesting and absorbing - lots of sex, castration and violence!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
*sigh* i remember social psych, chris, i was outside ur lecture when it was happening (break) i missed her comedy so much i considered sitting in on the lecture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)