Most interesting course offered by BOS! (1 Viewer)

Most interesting course offered?

• Total voters

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
f3nr15 said:
2007 is the 40th anniversary of the HSC.
In 1967 the HSC was very similar to the SC.
There was no English Standard or Advanced, just English.
Mathematics was just mathematics, no extension courses.
There was no Chemistry or Physics, just Science.

omfg you are just like me <3
ahah <33

+ those are really cool facts ! ^^

xclusv2bhung said:
hahah same here.
chem for me =)
you rock ! =]

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Look for different loans at different types of banks. Employment and economical issues. Shares.

N

noir.

f3nr15 said:
2007 is the 40th anniversary of the HSC.
In 1967 the HSC was very similar to the SC.
There was no English Standard or Advanced, just English.
Mathematics was just mathematics, no extension courses.
There was no Chemistry or Physics, just Science.
Another quality post by f3nr15.

cs01001

HSC
magpam said:
nah it you just learn about it you can't actually apply that it real live

e.g. employment rate is xxxxxx <----Number
you cant actually apply that in real life. its just a fact

if you want practicality you can apply in everyday life do a VET subject
Not really, people have a misconception that Economics is a subject whereby everything is based on flowery theories whipped up by Economists, but in reality these theories do actually apply in the real world. Simply, for example the Law of Demand does indeed apply in real life, where more is demanded at low prices. Rather than learning about number and facts, Economics course teaches you about the reasons/driving force behind certain trends etc. Feel free to criticize me if I said anything wrong.

Year 11 course is a bit boring with the Riley textbook with the repitition. After a glimpse at the Dixon Year 12 book, all that anti-dumping, protectionists, tarrifs, currency market stuff really fascinates me! :)

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
business studies

I hate the KBF's topic currently..i wanna move on to running your own business topic 3 or 4!

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Everyone who voted Maths needs to GTFO. Right now.

I voted Economics and Legal Studies. Economics, because it's the subject of sex, and Legal because I wanted to vote for more than one option just 'cause I could.

lol @ typo

Last edited:

fiona.p

HSC
none of them...they are all pretty boring.
Well i guess maths can be interesting...sometimes...

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
noir. said:
why the hell are english, bio and chem options? I say burn them all
don't agree with you! The assignments I did like insect collection and field report on local ecosystem in Biology are really interesting!! Makes me start to like Bio!Although Othello and Pride and Prejudice are hard to study in English, they are really good classcis that has deep meaning! Many film adaptation now adays are based on them! Agree with you that Chemistry is not so interesting sometimes :mad1: when you don't understand stuff, you get a good feeling after you understand it!:rofl:

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
For me, I found Modern History interesting because you can learn about the history of different countries like Russia , USA, Vietnam that are different from Australia and China. It's sort of interesting to find out what happened in other parts of the world. And it's a easy subject to get high marks than Chemistry.
I like Biology and Maths Extension, too! The maths last year in year 10 was just too easy. Maths Ext 1 suits me better.
biology is interesting because of the course and the assignments.
The subject I hate most is physics , I find it so hard..... and difficult to learn, sometimes although you understand it , you just can't work the problem or it takes you ages to finish one question!!!

Farmers08

HSC
I love bio is interesting to learn about the human body.... and everything in chem.... in Society and Culture the psychology and neuroscience bit is so interesting...

HSC
N/A
I sorta don't get this... so I abstain from voting, as I should.

Maths and sciences > everything else. Too bad I didn't come in the top two in each science; close (relative to what?) isn't good enough.
English would have been somewhere on the left side, but no, it's just not interesting, which this poll asks. A matter of taste and subjectivity.

----
cs01001 said:
People who choose English should really be spanked :p
I'm inclined to agree with you, cs01001 (have any nicknames, by the way?).
To be honest, I find nothing particularly interesting; one could say that I have lost the knack to like things.

I am not too sure whether I actually find sciences interesting, because I sort of, like,... Nevermind (1991) is the hit sophomore album by the American Seattle-sound, grunge band Nirvana.

Ext. II English isn't really a course, is it?

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
People who choose English should really be spanked :p

cs01001

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
I'm inclined to agree with you, cs01001 (have any nicknames, by the way?).
To be honest, I find nothing particularly interesting; one could say that I have lost the knack to like things.

I am not too sure whether I actually find sciences interesting, because I sort of, like,... Nevermind (1991) is the hit sophomore album by the American Seattle-sound, grunge band Nirvana.

Ext. II English isn't really a course, is it?
Nah, don't really have a nick name. People call me Jason, Jas, whatever really, I don't mind as long as its not dirty, lol :p

Hmmm, about Sciences (Chem in my case)... I don't find them to be THAT interesting, simply because I find it hard to relate it to myself in real life. Science (Chemistry) is not something you can see happeneing/touch. I don't know how to put it in words, but I hope you get it anyway, lol.

I heard Ext 2 English doesn't have external exams, maybe that explains why the 2006 paper is missing on the BOS website. People tell me that instead of taking an external exam, you write a 3000 words creative writing and that will be it. I am not sure. Someone elaborate please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)