Most Outstanding Year 11 Student Scholarship (1 Viewer)

ATARded

HSC
I received this last year. It's a conditional offer of $20,000 over 4 years if the recipient attains a UAI of above 90.
It's basically the same as the Academic Excellence scholarship but better because it came with a $500 cheque.

Now... I'm having concerns over whether or not I can crack the 90.
I've stuffed up a lot this year.

Can I still get in with a 85 ATAR score and 5 bonus regional points?
Has anyone had any experiences with this scholarship?
Has anyone gotten the Academic Exellence Scholarship with <90 UAI?

Thanks.

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I haven't had any past experience, but i have a different scholarship for UWS, which is also on the condition of a 90+, but i doubt they take bonus points into account, i think when they say 90, they mean 90.

Lara1986

HSC
I received this last year. It's a conditional offer of $20,000 over 4 years if the recipient attains a UAI of above 90.
It's basically the same as the Academic Excellence scholarship but better because it came with a $500 cheque.

Now... I'm having concerns over whether or not I can crack the 90.
I've stuffed up a lot this year.

Can I still get in with a 85 ATAR score and 5 bonus regional points?
Has anyone had any experiences with this scholarship?
Has anyone gotten the Academic Exellence Scholarship with <90 UAI?

Thanks.
I highly doubt that you can use bonus points to reach the 90.

They pick the 90 barrier because it is seen as identifying a certain level of achievement, so it would seem odd if they would allow you to be considered as reaching 90 with bonus points...

But if you're in year 11 now - you have plenty of time to study hard and improve your marks if you're concerned about reaching the 90 level :)

Dod0

HSC
She got the scholarship last year so she's in year 12 this year.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I was in exactly this situation at the start of this year. UWS tried to renege on the scholarship. But I had documentation, including an official offer letter, and a letter saying that they received my acceptance, and they couldn't really argue with that. If you have these things, hold on to them and keep them handy. I was overseas all of January so it wasn't until February that I got on to them. I hadn't heard anything from them about it so I called and all this went on. I only got 86.86 for my UAI and they said that the rough cut off was about 95 because there were some high achieving candidates or whatever. But yeah, I had all those things so they couldn't refuse and kept the promise.

So anyway, keep those documents and be ready. It's more than likely this will happen to you.

TunaFish

HSC
When is the cut off date for this years award?
Dunno, but if your school applied for it they should announce the nominee before presentation day.

If no one in your school has been nominated (check with your careers' advisor to make sure as I was notifed only a day before Presentation Day), email the UWS Scholarships Unit asap to see if they are still taking applications.

Last edited:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
lol, I remember me rejecting this scholarship offer because I didn't know about the $500 cheque rofl

showy

HSC
I've got the form in front of me now and under terms and conditions it specifies that the offer is 'subject to obtaining an ATAR of 90 or above' and that 'Regional and Bonus Points will not be considered.'

I hope this answers your question.

ATARded

HSC
I've got the form in front of me now and under terms and conditions it specifies that the offer is 'subject to obtaining an ATAR of 90 or above' and that 'Regional and Bonus Points will not be considered.'

I hope this answers your question.
This was not specified in the 2008 version of the contract.

No worries guys. My ATAR turned out to be ~94. Totally surprised.
Thanks for your help nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)